Author Topic: CZ Line-up  (Read 4085 times)

Offline ams

CZ Line-up
« on: January 13, 2023, 01:44:21 PM »
Looks like the rumors were true abt the discontinued products. CZ-USA website looks pretty empty. No threaded barrel pistols, no TSO, no bunch of stuff.

Online MeatAxe

Re: CZ Line-up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 03:20:28 PM »
Looks like the rumors were true abt the discontinued products. CZ-USA website looks pretty empty. No threaded barrel pistols, no TSO, no bunch of stuff.

This is what happens when you put Colt management (The Kings of Bankruptcy) in charge of CZ’s US operations. Word is that the Bren 2 and the Scorpion carbine is being discontinued as Colt management shuts down CZ’s manufacturing facility in Kansas City and lays off all the workers.

Colt management, never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity!

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 03:30:01 PM »
I grew up in KCK and that is part of the CZ charm for me.  At the time, I literally knew nothing about CZ other then they were out of KCK and I had to have one.  75B.  Terrific firearm.  All kinds of cool.  I am left a little sad.

czsargenty

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 10:07:56 AM »
Looks pretty bad. Prices for these parts and guns will skyrocket because of this.

Offline alp3367

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 11:21:09 AM »
 As a general rule if people bought them in any real quantities they'd probably still be around. :)

TSO is a bit different as it's been replaced by the TS2, including an orange model. A lot of stuff is discontinued every year and frequently replaced with something similar. There will be some more OR/SR models and TS stuff released at SHOT this coming week.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 02:49:05 PM »
Lots of models gone for sure. Lets see if they have anything new at SHOT show. Beretta has already released some new stuff and the Cheetah 80X looks pretty cool. Maybe CZ is going to release new models. There are rumors of refeshed P07 and P09 models coming. Hoping for the best.

Offline RSR

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 06:11:19 PM »
As a general rule if people bought them in any real quantities they'd probably still be around. :)

Not true.  Look at Sig Sauer -- various configurations are how they continue to hugely profit off the legacy P series...  And in fact, I'd argue a large reason for CZ's growth w/ US consumers over the past half decade was offering different flavors (configurations/colors/etc) of their lineup allowing them to resell/upsell existing CZ owners -- I'm definitely guilty of such more than once...

So this is Colt management doing what Colt has always done -- having the hubris to tell consumers that "they'll get what they get and not to throw a fit" as if we're toddlers, because they're only interested in chasing high volume gov't contracts even if it means repeated bankruptcies...  (And I'd also argue gov't tends to have lower quality/finish/QC requirements than US consumers, so it allows Colt to getaway with their cost-cutting and lowered-standards nonsense, at least highly publicly, since armorers touch most product before end-users and shoddy product can also result to firearms going back to Colt earlier for "refurbishment"/more $$$...)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:21:06 PM by RSR »

Offline RSR

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 06:15:44 PM »

This is what happens when you put Colt management (The Kings of Bankruptcy) in charge of CZ’s US operations. Word is that the Bren 2 and the Scorpion carbine is being discontinued as Colt management shuts down CZ’s manufacturing facility in Kansas City and lays off all the workers.

Colt management, never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity!

Anything that was imported as a "pistol" or "sporter" is pretty much no longer going to be imported due to 922r conversion reasons (as Colt employees are supposedly the ones who'd have to do it under reorganization, and Colt management is apparently refusing as they deem it "unprofitable" or simply just refusing to hire add'l staff to do so), and the Biden pistol brace ban is probably the straw that broke the camel's back on this front as well...

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 08:15:58 PM »
I can only address the issue of discontinued items in general, but whether people buy things or not is only part of the picture. Production cost is a far bigger issue. Thats why we have seen the demise of CZ's flagship centerfire rifle models, in favor of what is billed as "improved" new offerings that are in fact merely cheaper to produce.

It has happened with many major gun manufacturers, and manufacturers of many products. Greed...build it more cheaply, say it's an improvement, sell it just as dear- or more dear.

Sad.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline parastoo

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 08:54:34 PM »
Hi,
    With all the stuff they're discontinuing they'll probably discontinue the company next. If Colt is so bad why did they buy Colt? Maybe it says something about the intelligence of CZ management.

Offline RSR

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2023, 09:14:05 PM »
Hi,
    With all the stuff they're discontinuing they'll probably discontinue the company next. If Colt is so bad why did they buy Colt? Maybe it says something about the intelligence of CZ management.

Something greater than 50%, perhaps 60%, of CZ's sales were w/in the US pre-merger.  Even greater post-Colt now as "Colt CZ Group" adds Colt's revenues...  As far as I can tell, the reasons for purchasing Colt were 1) brand recognition, 2) to open the door to more military and police contracts for CZ firearms in the US/North America and Europe (having physical toe-hold in both locations), and 3) it's the standard B-school/MBA grad strategy of growth-at-all costs, which for Colt-CZ group means acquiring huge debts in an extremely aggressive M&A (merger and acquisitions) strategy to max short-term quarterly paper profits irrespective of potential for long-term harms, including viability, of the business...

There's another thread here that's thoroughly hashed out the merger.  And #2 is ironic considering that CZ-USA has pretty much killed their Mil/LE program that was hugely popular with those communities, including FFLs with current/prior service.

And yes, if not clear, there are several huge gambles by CZ's management here that could jeopardize the future of the company long-term as well as all the other brands they're acquiring. Spuhr being the latest AFAIK.

Offline RSR

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 09:40:00 PM »
I can only address the issue of discontinued items in general, but whether people buy things or not is only part of the picture. Production cost is a far bigger issue. Thats why we have seen the demise of CZ's flagship centerfire rifle models, in favor of what is billed as "improved" new offerings that are in fact merely cheaper to produce.

It has happened with many major gun manufacturers, and manufacturers of many products. Greed...build it more cheaply, say it's an improvement, sell it just as dear- or more dear.

Sad.

Only the 512 in .22 magnum appears to be discontinuing a full line this year -- with the .22 lr version discontinued a couple years back...  And some, not all of the 457 rimfires appear to be being discontinued as well.

And my understanding is that their down-market/mass-market "FS"/Field Sports shotguns were all Turkish-made and all/nearly all are being discontinued (and I *think* that all of CZ's shotguns are Turkish-made, but I could be mistaken).  Otherwise, it's primarily all the personal-preference variants of pistols (now, you'll get in black and must buy any alterations aftermarket) and then 922r-qualifying rifles/pistols that are also on the list.

So what are you referencing?  The newish 600 series?  And the 400 and 500 series rifles discontinued in previous years?

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 10:57:09 PM »
Hi,

Something greater than 50%, perhaps 60%, of CZ's sales were w/in the US pre-merger.  Even greater post-Colt now as "Colt CZ Group" adds Colt's revenues...  As far as I can tell, the reasons for purchasing Colt were 1) brand recognition, 2) to open the door to more military and police contracts for CZ firearms in the US/North America and Europe (having physical toe-hold in both locations), and 3) it's the standard B-school/MBA grad strategy of growth-at-all costs, which for Colt-CZ group means acquiring huge debts in an extremely aggressive M&A (merger and acquisitions) strategy to max short-term quarterly paper profits irrespective of potential for long-term harms, including viability, of the business...

There's another thread here that's thoroughly hashed out the merger.  And #2 is ironic considering that CZ-USA has pretty much killed their Mil/LE program that was hugely popular with those communities, including FFLs with current/prior service.

And yes, if not clear, there are several huge gambles by CZ's management here that could jeopardize the future of the company long-term as well as all the other brands they're acquiring. Spuhr being the latest AFAIK.

MBAs: the Kiss of Death.

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 10:56:12 AM »
Only the 512 in .22 magnum appears to be discontinuing a full line this year -- with the .22 lr version discontinued a couple years back...  And some, not all of the 457 rimfires appear to be being discontinued as well.

And my understanding is that their down-market/mass-market "FS"/Field Sports shotguns were all Turkish-made and all/nearly all are being discontinued (and I *think* that all of CZ's shotguns are Turkish-made, but I could be mistaken).  Otherwise, it's primarily all the personal-preference variants of pistols (now, you'll get in black and must buy any alterations aftermarket) and then 922r-qualifying rifles/pistols that are also on the list.

So what are you referencing?  The newish 600 series?  And the 400 and 500 series rifles discontinued in previous years?

They discontinued the 550, more recently the 557 that replaced it. At least they were honest that the 557 was cheaper to produce...or so it seems I recall reading. Finally, they discontinued the model 527, that broke the camel's back for me. The replacement for everything is the 600 series which does not embody the reasons I was drawn to CZ rifles to begin with.

Like I said, centerfire rifles.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 03:34:52 PM by Wobbly »
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 05:35:13 PM »

You do realize, CZ released the TS2 Orange like 2 months ago.
Same with the Checkmate, it's getting upgraded too.
Why would they continue to the produce the same gun but different generations of it.

The threaded barrel models will be missed, suppressors are getting more popular every year.

anything