Author Topic: Colt Interview  (Read 605 times)

Offline Claymore504

Colt Interview
« on: January 24, 2023, 08:12:36 AM »
Came across this interview and thought some might find it interesting.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Colt Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 09:34:37 AM »
Yeah we'll see. All I hear is Colt, Colt, Colt. blah blah blah. He's pushing the reintroduction of the snake guns after they've spent decades ignoring the concealed carry market and no hint of any change in that strategy. Maybe I'm missing it but it looks like they got an infuse of capitol from CZ to just continue the same failed model and make the same clunky junky old Colts they're known for. If I want a good 1911 Colt is the last place I'm looking!

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 02:01:14 PM »
Yeah we'll see. All I hear is Colt, Colt, Colt. blah blah blah. He's pushing the reintroduction of the snake guns after they've spent decades ignoring the concealed carry market and no hint of any change in that strategy. Maybe I'm missing it but it looks like they got an infuse of capitol from CZ to just continue the same failed model and make the same clunky junky old Colts they're known for. If I want a good 1911 Colt is the last place I'm looking!

Same old BS from Colt — only now they’re in a position to drag CZ into the hole with them.

Offline bonj

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 05:47:05 PM »
One of the worst guns I ever owned was a Colt .32 ACP, 1903 pocket pistol Type IV, Nickel, it was a jam magnet. I sold it for $450 as a "shooter". Good riddance.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:53 PM »
One of the worst guns I ever owned was a Colt .32 ACP, 1903 pocket pistol Type IV, Nickel, it was a jam magnet. I sold it for $450 as a "shooter". Good riddance.
So you sold a non-functioning gun as a shooter?

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 05:54:04 AM »

And now... you're going to throw Colt under the bus because your 100+ year old gun (that had been fired the first 30 years of it life with corrosive primers) might have had undue user wear. Really ?
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline bonj

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 05:08:33 PM »

And now... you're going to throw Colt under the bus because your 100+ year old gun (that had been fired the first 30 years of it life with corrosive primers) might have had undue user wear. Really ?
A colt type IV was manufactured in 1937 and this had very little wear, yes, "throw under the bus".

[Mods Added: Just what the heck are you smoking ?]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:36:57 PM by Wobbly »

Offline igs

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 05:33:15 PM »
Isn't Colt the way for CZ into US military contracts?

Offline bonj

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 05:53:22 PM »

The gun was not "non-functioning" and the "shooter' designation was for a gun that had been re-chromed. The buyer was very happy for the low price and intended to keep at as a collector item. The internals had very low wear.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 05:57:45 PM »
Isn't Colt the way for CZ into US military contracts?
Having a manufacturing facility on American soil would have been the smarter way to go. Beretta did it, so did Sig and Glock. They all got LE and Mil contracts without climbing in bed with calamity Colt.

Offline czsargenty

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 06:15:39 AM »
Came across this interview and thought some might find it interesting.

Nice video and very informative, thanks for sharing.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 05:17:13 PM »

The gun was not "non-functioning" and the "shooter' designation was for a gun that had been re-chromed. The buyer was very happy for the low price and intended to keep at as a collector item. The internals had very low wear.
So you said it was "nickel", but now it was "re-chromed", and it was a functioning "jam magnet". Got it.

Offline bonj

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 06:27:46 PM »
So you said it was "nickel", but now it was "re-chromed", and it was a functioning "jam magnet". Got it.

meant to say re-plated, in nickel. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:39:09 AM by Wobbly »

anything