Author Topic: SAR K2 .45 ACP heavier recoil spring?  (Read 150 times)

Offline botscott

SAR K2 .45 ACP heavier recoil spring?
« on: January 24, 2023, 10:23:52 PM »
After 8 years and many rounds, started to get some ftf. Ordered some Para P14 10% mag springs and wanted to try a heavier recoil spring as well, so ordered a full sized eaa witness 18lb recoil spring(at the suggestion of an old post). Mag springs worked well, but recoil spring was too long and the diameter was too large to fit in the slide bore. Anyone know of a closer match? thanks

Offline himurax13

Re: SAR K2 .45 ACP heavier recoil spring?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 12:44:18 AM »
According to the Wolff Springs site, a full sized witness is either a 14 or 16 lb spring.  New springs are typically longer than old springs that have taken a set.

My stock 2 guide rod and recoil spring were almost the same exact length as the ones from the K2 45. However, the guide rod and spring were a little skinnier. My stock 2 spring fit and worked in the K2 45.

Offline botscott

.Re: SAR K2 .45 ACP heavier recoil spring?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 05:59:01 PM »
https://www.gunsprings.com/EAA/cID1/mID19/dID100
springs on this sight go up to 18lb

Interesting. I trimmed it down shorter than stock, put it in a vice and tightened the coil as much as possible, forced it in the slide spring/guide rod bore but slide wouldn't go back far enough to load a round :(   Was probably just the worn mag  springs anyway.

Offline botscott

Re: SAR K2 .45 ACP heavier recoil spring?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 07:07:14 PM »
https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-Compression-Spring-Cut-to-1NBX1
Did some caliper measurements on my recoil spring and some further research/calculations and found something worth pursuing. If all goes to plan should be able to get 6 springs w/ 16-18lb for $7.

anything