Author Topic: Problems with my P-01 after after CGW Pro Package installation  (Read 5266 times)

Offline hassiman

Hi,

I just received my P-01 back from CGW after  they performed their Pro Package installation and I was surprised when I experienced two jams out of 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm 124gr FMJ.  :-[  Before sending the weapon to CGW the same gun had digested the same ammo with no problems.  They performed that Pro Package, installed Dawson night sights and added the 10X bushing.

I am a bit perplexed as to what might be causing the problem but I plan to get to the range again soon and see if this happens again.  The Mags I used came with the new gun and have no stamp as to their manufacture.  I have bought a new MecGar mag to see if it might be the OEM mags.... Perhaps the weapon needs to break in a bit.

Any thoughts? 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Problems with my P-01 after after CGW Pro Package installation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 05:44:45 AM »
Define 'jams'. What type of failures were they specifically? The mags from the factory are Mecgar so the new ones you bought are the same. Since you did have the bushing installed with the pro package I would log 300-500 rounds through the gun before declaring it to have a problem. If the issue persists after that I would contact CGW directly. If there is an issue they are very good at taking care of their customers.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 07:41:43 AM »
The 10x bushing can add a little drag since it fits tighter to the barrel. I would run it wet, put a few hundred rounds through it and see how it goes.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 01:03:25 PM »
I’d contact CGW and see what they have to say. Follow their advice since they may have already seen the issue. If you do go the range try some different ammo like 115 gr. Just to see what happens. I’m sure CGW will get you squared away.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline schutz85C

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 12:51:07 AM »
Yeah 50 rounds is not much of a test run.
Could have even been random bum factory loads.
Good luck!!!
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 06:34:15 AM »

Exactly. What continues to be reported on a weekly basis on the Ammo & Handloading forum is very poorly made ammo. Most of this is cartridges and cases formed so poorly that they fail to physically fit the gun's chamber.

But it also applies equally to what cannot be seen... large variations in the amount of powder inside the cartridge and poorly made primers.

Ammo makers are not fools. If they see that they can sell twice (or six times) the amount of ammo this month simply by rushing ammo production, then they are going to do it.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline hassiman

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 01:00:38 PM »

The difference between MacGar and the supplied mags is that when loaded with 10 rounds the rounds in the supplied mags rattle around loosely. When fully loaded the MecGar mag is silent when shaken.
Wether this has anything to do with the FTF I don’t know.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 01:54:49 PM »

The difference between MacGar and the supplied mags is that when loaded with 10 rounds the rounds in the supplied mags rattle around loosely. When fully loaded the MecGar mag is silent when shaken.
Wether this has anything to do with the FTF I don’t know.
Some mags will rattle that way and some will not it's the nature of double stacks mags sometimes. I have multiple mags of the same manufacture some will rattle and some will not. Go shoot the gun per the advice you've been given above and see how it works out for you.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »
As others have stated, CGW did the work, so I would contact them and let them guide you. They have excellent customer service and will figure this out. Bad ammo is a very possible factor as well. You never stated what kind of "jams" you are having, so not sure what to tell you.

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 05:05:05 PM »

Exactly. What continues to be reported on a weekly basis on the Ammo & Handloading forum is very poorly made ammo. Most of this is cartridges and cases formed so poorly that they fail to physically fit the gun's chamber.

But it also applies equally to what cannot be seen... large variations in the amount of powder inside the cartridge and poorly made primers.

Ammo makers are not fools. If they see that they can sell twice (or six times) the amount of ammo this month simply by rushing ammo production, then they are going to do it.
Hello Wobbly,
Do you really think that reputable SAAMI Spec Ammo Producers that "rush ammo production" bypass their quality assurance provisions?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 05:29:08 PM »

Hello Wobbly,
Do you really think that reputable SAAMI Spec Ammo Producers that "rush ammo production" bypass their quality assurance provisions?
Do you think the manufacturer weighs/guages every round?

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »
I have no idea what the standard quality control procedures are with ammo manufacturers, that is why I am asking.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2023, 06:37:14 PM »
I have no idea what the standard quality control procedures are with ammo manufacturers, that is why I am asking.
Clearly, he really thinks it or he wouldn't have said it. It's pretty obvious you weren't asking for informational purposes.

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2023, 05:00:49 PM »
Does anyone know what the standard quality control procedures are for ammo manufacturers?

Offline alp3367

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 05:26:44 PM »
Does anyone know what the standard quality control procedures are for ammo manufacturers?

Yes, in some cases. It varies by manufacturer, and even within different lines from the same manufacturer. I can say I've been in an environment where millions of rounds were fired. I've seen terrible stuff from just about every manufacturer over the years. There was a lot of agency (City, Federal, etc.) training at the range I used to run and I've seen "high end" duty ammo that had bullet seating so off you could see it from a distance, missing primers, missing powder, incorrect powder charge, mangled case, and numerous other things. That happened with many major brands. But that's out of millions of rounds. Buy quality stuff and your odds of getting something way out of spec is low, but it's never 0...