Author Topic: Trigger Probelm on 550 American  (Read 2014 times)

TheKBrowns

Trigger Probelm on 550 American
« on: July 12, 2003, 07:58:05 AM »
Have a brand new (never been fired) CZ 550 American (.308) and the trigger does not work. It was working but now you cannot pull the trigger. Yes the safty is off. If you push the trigger forward, it seems to click in place but when you pull the trigger again, it does not fire. I've removed the bolt, magazine, played with the safty but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

I'm going to call the shop were I purchased it and if they can't help, I'll call CZ on Monday.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Kurt

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 08:15:17 AM »
Sounds like the trigger screw need to be tightend a bit pg 27 of the manual.

purple-mongoose

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 06:25:30 PM »
funny, the set-trigger isn't working on my 527 anymore mysteriously too....hmm...

jjilco

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 08:04:05 PM »
Not trying to be smart(AAA) fireing pin wont work when bolt is out" and fireing pin must be reset by lifting bolt up and then down, I hope this is one of the problems other wise it needs a trip to the gun doctor, good luck

Offline Atlatl

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 05:22:33 PM »
How you "Set" the trigger for use in single set mode will largely determine if it's going to work.  If you just ease it forward then go ahead and attempt a shot it's likely it may not work successfully.  If you "set" it with meaning it'll work every time.  Does for me anyway.  Now if your trigger is not working in normal mode you've got a definite issue that should be checked out with a gunsmith if your still scratching your head.  I got just under 500 rounds thru my .308 with no issues and great accurancy.

Regards,
Travis

anything