Author Topic: Bren 2 MS Carbine - Magwell question  (Read 1729 times)

Offline gemery007

Bren 2 MS Carbine - Magwell question
« on: March 22, 2023, 11:56:08 AM »
Hi All,

I just received my Bren 2 MS Carbine yesterday and am familiarizing myself with it.

Anyone know what the small aluminum rectangular insert on the side of the magwell is for? An image *should* be associated with this post.

I've done some searching and haven't found anything. I have noticed that it doesn't appear on all lower receivers as well.

I could speculate but actually knowing is the name of the game here! :)

Thanks!

Offline Scorepion

Re: Bren 2 MS Carbine - Magwell question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 11:30:43 PM »
Pure guessing here but B&T has a small metal area specific for serialization on their lowers, could be same concept. Or perhaps laser punisher skulls  ::)

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi All,

I just received my Bren 2 MS Carbine yesterday and am familiarizing myself with it.

Anyone know what the small aluminum rectangular insert on the side of the magwell is for? An image *should* be associated with this post.

I've done some searching and haven't found anything. I have noticed that it doesn't appear on all lower receivers as well.

I could speculate but actually knowing is the name of the game here! :)

Thanks!

It appears to be a serial number plate that’s been left blank — Probably because the lower receiver of the Bren 2 is a serialized part in most of Europe but the upper receiver is the serialized part in the US.

That lower (aka trigger housing) clearly says “Made in CZ” so I’m wondering which parts are foreign and which are US-made to comply with 922(r) so that it’s legal here in the US.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:52:31 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 08:29:16 PM »
It might be to meet the minimum amount of metal in the firearm rule...which I THINK actually exists...other than that, I dunno.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 05:35:51 AM »
Welcome from Georgia.

Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the sticky posts in the 'New Members' Forum and also the 'Important Information' sub-section.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

anything