Author Topic: P10c trigger not resetting  (Read 842 times)

Offline Petem86

P10c trigger not resetting
« on: May 07, 2023, 05:36:47 PM »
Hi all, finally picked up my p10c today. Two questions.

Sometimes when the slide is back, after emptying the mag, the slide release picks up the new round in a fresh mag but the trigger stays back? Any ideas why? That's question 1.

Two, what are peoples recommendations for slide releases, given they are stiff as hell and there's very little purchase to actually force it down.

Cheers!

Edit, I've read the posts suggesting the trigger rail knocks off the frame and to grind it down a bit but they also appear to be clearing eachother

Offline Whereisit

Re: P10c trigger not resetting
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 11:06:35 PM »
Idk about the trigger.. Sorry.

When I fit my p10c the slide release was super stiff. I just kept shooting it and when at home I'd lock and unlock the slide.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 07:46:59 AM »
That's unfortunate. Don't mess with it. Send it back to CZ-USA for free warranty repair/ correction.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Petem86

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 10:04:02 AM »
I should say, I'm in the UK, and the gun is probably 5year old. Closest thing I can get is probably a ex army armourer  to have a look.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 07:39:26 AM »
I should say, I'm in the UK, and the gun is probably 5year old. Closest thing I can get is probably a ex army armourer  to have a look.

Did not know yall could even own a gun in the UK these days. Well, maybe call CZ (ask for a gun smith) and explain and see if they will give you some ideas as to what it might be. How are you releasing the slide after insrting the new mag? I am not fully aware of how the P10 functions, but maybe someone on here will chime in on what makes the trigger reset when the slide goes forward.

Offline Petem86

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 04:33:58 PM »
Northern ireland is the only part of the UK you can own a handgun  you have to be a member of a target club. Farmers and the like can own shotguns/rifles, for farm purposes etc

Yea I've sent them a message, hopefully someone on here has suggestions. I'm using the slide release/lock, 90% of the tike the trigger does not reset. However, racking the slide works 100% as expected. But in my mind slide release should work too, just seems like it's not stoppin far enough back to reset the trigger

Offline Auslander

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 10:23:59 PM »
Are both trigger return springs in the weapon?

Also, is the striker hanging up on the frame when the slide goes back into battery. 1st Gen P10’s sometimes had issues with the striker rotating and hanging up. What year is stamped on the slide?

If the trigger isn’t resetting, the striker isn’t cocking. Either the disconnect isn’t activating the trigger-bar or something is arresting the striker.

With the slide off of the weapon, trip the trigger and the trigger bar assembly should move to the rear. Then trip the disconnect with a punch to make sure the trigger bar/sear pops up.

(Remember to pull the trigger again before reinstalling the slide).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A person must have a certain amount of intelligent ignorance to get anywhere."

Charles Kettering