Author Topic: Hmm...I mean hmm...  (Read 2574 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Hmm...I mean hmm...
« on: September 22, 2023, 01:20:48 PM »
So, we start off with I ordered boots from MidwayUSA. Yeah, mail order boots aren't usually a good idea, but Danners, right? Gotta be good. Well, they ARE great boots...if they FIT. Which, they did not. This is the last time I order anything clothing related over the internet, gonna get my money back and go up to the 5.11 store and find something decent that I can try on IN the store. So, back they went. Mind you, I had the box open for about 5 minutes while I tried on one boot, and back in the box they went, sealed, printed out the return ticket, mailed back about 5 days later when I had a day off. Work has been...nuts...
I got an email back from Midway about 1/2 an hour ago, return processed - would I like the item back that was left in the box? The what??? Well, sir, we found what looks like a small remote in the box. Pat searched myself, I have my car remote, the wife's car remote, TV remote is on hand - what remote could it be? Well, sure, send it on back!
At this point I have to wonder if the UPS Store guy accidentally dropped something in the package when he shipped it...and what he'll pay to get it back...just kidding.
A new scenario of "what's in the box" starts now.
Oh, and next week I'm gonna get some good boots.

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Hmm...I mean hmm...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 01:46:25 PM »
Just spitballing but could they mean a small knife? I have several little beaters on the counter that we use for packages.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 08:47:45 PM »
I have never had a major issue with Midway, one of the few firms I can say that about. That's just my experience though.

I have found them to be not necessarily the best price, one of the quickest shippers and above average on settling unsatisfatory claims. Hope your issue ends as well as all that.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »
I've done a LOT of business with Midway, great company, never had a problem at all. On the very rare occasion that something in an order was wrong/broken, they fixed it very quickly. That's why this is interesting. I had to go to the UPS store to send it, and that is the only time anyone else had access to the box itself. It will be most interesting to see when that [package comes in. 

Offline v35

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 02:10:35 AM »
A small remote control car, perhaps?

Garage door opener?

... Island?

... Fishing village?

Midway has always been pleasant to deal with. I bought some powder a while ago; order complete, shipped, tracking number provided. Except that was where things stopped. No more progress. I contacted UPS (maybe it was FedUp; I don't remember) they said they don't have it. Called Midway they insisted they shipped it. Told them UPS said otherwise. They don't have it. Contacted UPS again, they don't have it. Called Midway again, they said UPS absolutely, positively picked it up. Finally I told them well, if I don't get it I'm not paying for it. That caused them to look a little more. Sure enough, it was "picked up" but was still on a pallet in one of their warehouses.

If UPS picked it up they must have put it right back down again.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 03:19:24 PM »
My vote it's a secret government transponder that is used to monitor folks that purchase weapons of war (read Danner boots).  You probably didn't see it when unboxing the first time due to your gitty "I've got a package" joyful glee.  It may trigger a response from the newly created Office of Gun Violence Prevention where they will do nothing but harass you for wanting weapons of war (read Danner boots).

Or it could be a deodorizer that Danner includes with their boots to help minimize odor.

:)

This forum rocks!

Offline v35

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 04:07:34 PM »
My vote it's a secret government transponder that is used to monitor folks that purchase weapons of war (read Danner boots).
Wait a minute. They weren't tactical Danner boots now, were they?

Think carefully before you reply comrade.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 07:13:45 PM »
...no...just desert boots...

Offline RSR

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 10:48:05 PM »
I would encourage you to consider Scheels for any footwear purchase, especially expensive US/NA-made boots, b/c of their generous lifetime warranty...

Midway really lost me when they changed their formerly generous return policy and wouldn't honor it for stuff purchased prior to the change -- it was formerly either a year or lifetime, and they changed it to 90 days, and I was a week or so over 90 days when trying to return some camo I bought in a couple different Euro sizes not knowing exactly how it was cut and would fit...  And I was then out a couple hundred dollars more than I intended.
Regardless -- Midway used to be free shipping w/ $50 or $100 IIRC and also with no sales tax at the time (circa 2015 or so), so I used to buy from them quite frequently, but have largely switched to Brownells or Optics Planet or Palmetto or Natchez or Amazon since, unless they have something I can't find elsewhere.

Regardless, glad to see they're treating you right!

Also check out Botach for seconds -- have gotten some great boot deals in the past due to extremely minor stitching errors, etc.  Am sure there are other vendors too w/ similar offerings.  Their return policy is a bit of a pain IIRC, but nevertheless was fair.

If needing dressier boots, I also highly recommend Herring out of the UK.

Good luck!

Offline v35

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2023, 10:36:20 PM »

Offline JamesCC

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2023, 02:57:21 PM »
Haha that gif cracks me up everytime

Offline Derjg

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 07:11:53 AM »
lol

Offline ITSSOCZ

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2023, 12:27:46 PM »
I've never ordered boots so fancy they came with a remote.

Offline E.Shell

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 04:36:36 PM »
I've never ordered boots so fancy they came with a remote.
Comin' up that last hill, I wish mine had come with a remote...
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Offline JamesCC

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2023, 10:50:58 AM »
Did you all see the video of your iPhone taking your picture every 15 seconds? Truly unreal

anything