Author Topic: HAGA Lowers feedback?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Scorepion

HAGA Lowers feedback?
« on: February 02, 2024, 10:51:38 PM »
I am curious if the juice is worth the squeeze. Would like to see if anyone has feedback as an owner.

I am mainly interested in Gen 3 variant. How is the added weight and overall feels? I assume it allows Radian Talon safety?

Offline jpingo

Re: HAGA Lowers feedback?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 06:51:38 PM »
The gen 3 is pretty awesome . Much improved over the gen 2. The gen 3 lower is without a doubt lighter  on the carbine it’s a heavy rifle . Putting the lower on the 14” its heavier than oem but didn’t bother me much. Over the next week or so I’ll try to weigh the rifle and get back to here with the difference .

drop a trigger and a grip and it’s good to go. Makes it nice keeping your factory lower in fully useable shape.i like having spares and hated savaging my original
Lower with parts.  The new slide release also works great , I say it’s easier to work with than the factory release.

The lower itself is top notch . Feels like a quality lower . It’s still takes some getting use to the slide release just as the oem bren release.

Con: doesn’t work with all at triggers . I didn’t read the fine print so my first G$ trigger wouldn’t work . Totally my fault for not reading the compatible trigger list . But I quickly ordered up a bcm trigger. No issues with the radian safety.

Is it worth the money :I think so .  I have a radian and a adm Lowers that were in that 400-500$ range and haga lower stands as quality as those two. I have no complaints at the moment. My buddy who came with had high praise on the lower as well.

I only have 100 rounds or so through it planning on putting a few hundred more down range so I’ll take some pics and weigh .

I’m 100% confident that it’s good to go, will survive anything.

If there is something I missed let me know.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 08:04:43 AM by Wobbly »

Offline Scorepion

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 08:47:53 AM »
Thank you jp for the insight. Affirming the Radian fit is good to hear. I did check out the trigger fit chart. Trigger tech has some great triggers and I swapped some Gwizzlis  :o out for TT.

If you could weigh just the 2 complete lowers, that would be a helpful comparison, probably easier. The weight being centered is probably balanced more. At this point I am very happy with the weight. Maybe I could load a mag up to a similar weight difference to perhaps get an idea what I'd be getting into. Thank you

Offline Scorepion

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 01:30:38 AM »
So I went forward with my own experiment and will leave info for anyone considering. Hope it
Helps.

The OEM lower complete is approx 13oz. (Includes HBI Trigger and flared magwell)
The Haga defense gen 3 with my added parts is approx 18oz.

Besides the weight the fit is tight/Feels solid. The ambi bolt release is an improvement in placement outside the trigger IMHO and seems to release with less pressure. Flared magwell is nice bonus. PMAG drops free.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 12:48:57 PM by Scorepion »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 08:06:05 AM »
If there is something I missed let me know.

Yes, you forgot to check in.

Welcome from Georgia.

Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with all the sticky posts in the 'New Members' section. Together with the Help Topics in the 'Important Information' or 'FAQ' sub-section, these include 'how tos' such as 'how to' post pictures on the forum.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

anything