Author Topic: Need some help...  (Read 2558 times)

Unregistered(d)

Need some help...
« on: February 04, 2002, 05:20:17 PM »
Some of you may have read about my experiments with Pro Mags for the EAA Witness In my CZs.  Have had two less than satisfactory experiences on my last two outings with these mags and would appreciate some advice.  When I used these mags with my CZ40b and S & B 180 grain ammo, one mag (can't remember which, not sure if if was the same mag) had a tendency to make the slide lock back on at least two occassions during my match.  Just today, took 'em and used 'em in my CZ75B and white box Winchester ammo and had a plethora of malfunctions, one of which was when a round nose-dived in the mag, the others when the slide locked back unbidden.  I luckily had a factory CZ mag available and am confident that all of my woes were magazine related.  Could changing the springs in these mags help their function any? what would anyone reccomend if such a swith could help.  Also, somehow during the cours of fire, the rear of one magazine bowed out a bit behind the follower and now the magazine won't enter the pistol easily.  I didn't drop it, can't think of a mechanical reason for this damage.  Any ideas?

Offline Fred Flinstone

Need some help...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 06:40:01 PM »
If your CZ spring is intercangable with the other, try switching those to see if it helps or not. If it does Wolff Gunsprings have a replacement. As to rear of mag.being batered, again compare them(non-CZ) to a CZ, a minimal top rear over-height maybe the cause when last shot has gone and the slide slam into mag.(check it out). Give us some news.

Unregistered(d)

Need some help...
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 08:29:38 AM »
Further examination of the magazine body has revealed some cracks around the rear notch behind the magazine follower.  It looks like it's just worn out.  Looks like this one is headed for the round file.  Does anybody know where I can buy a new magazine tube so I can attempt to rebuild this one?

Offline Fred Flinstone

Need some help...
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 07:51:08 PM »
Have a look to determine why the crack appeared as to not duplacate same mechanical failure.

Good luck,
---Fred---

anything