Author Topic: Wanted: Wiser Person to help undo mess!  (Read 1187 times)

bullittorange

Wanted: Wiser Person to help undo mess!
« on: May 09, 2002, 05:25:15 PM »
Hey Folks,
I have apparently failed miserably in my attempt to disassemble my firing pin mechanism on my 75b!  I was trying to install the extra power firing pin spring that came with my wolff set and managed to get it all disassembled. I am following the instuctions I  got here (I think) but apparently not very well.

When i finished punching out the retaining pin the firing pin shot out.  I'm not sure whether or not i was pressing on the firing pin stop.  I am pretty convinced btw that the replacement spring is for a pre/b gun but i can't even get the original back in.  Everything goes as it is supposed to (I think) but i can't seem to get the pin to catch in its correct position.

If any of you wiser and more experienced folks could help me out I would appreciate it a bunch!

Thanks

Offline stans

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 03:41:27 AM »
I expect the firing pin should be at its resting position.  Judging from the diagram, I think the roll pin prevents the firing pin from going too far forward as well as keeping it from flying out the rear of the slide.

Offline Bubba

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 06:53:23 AM »
Bullittorange,
I posted the following recently because this is how I manage it without difficulty, and I believe the "key" is the guide pin that will slip through the assembly to keep everything in place while you press the roll pin back in.  This pin can be anything such as a drill bit, a nail, etc.

The procedure is fairly straightforward. First you will need a pin or pin-punch that is slightly smaller than the split pin that secures the firing pin, this pin should be a slip fit (not too loose). Push out the split pin only until past the firing pin assembly (leave it sticking out on one side of slide). Remove your dissassembly pin and depress the Firing Pin Block Stop (No. 58 above) while pushing in slightly on the firing pin until firing pin is released, then remove firing pin along with it's spring. After firing pin is removed carefully release stop plunger (No. 5) along with it's very small spring. After cleaning / lubricating, re-assemble in reverse order. Pay careful attention to the location of the firing pin notches and replace your push pin into position to hold everything in place. Carefully push dissassembly pin out with the split pin to complete the reassembly process, watching for any binding as the split pin transitions through the notch in firing pin. After split pin is fully seated check the firing pin block assembly by pressing in plunger (No. 5) and verifying that the firing pin moves freely against it's spring.

bullittorange

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 11:59:48 AM »
hey guys i appreciate the help!  I'm pretty sure i've got everything back together right, but I'm going to let my local gunsmith take a look when i drop off some other work  for him.

thanks again
Ryan

anything