Author Topic: 75B FTE solved.  (Read 2099 times)

idpaer

75B FTE solved.
« on: July 11, 2002, 07:19:59 AM »
After reading several links on this forum I called Mike at CZ-USA about a FTE problem I had with my 75B. He offered several suggestions and sent out an extractor and spring. After installing the parts I tried it out at the range and it functioned great with no failures of any kind. Thank you Mike, this is the kind of service that creates customer loyalty. I like my CZ better each time I shoot it. Keep up the good work!

cztops

75B FTE solved.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 09:11:07 PM »
Glad to hear your FTE problem was solved and your good experience with Mike and CZ-USA customer service.

Did you compare the replacement parts with the originals? Were the extractors exactly the same? Did the springs look and feel the same?

idpaer

75B FTE solved.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 10:42:57 AM »
No, I didn't see any real differance. I suppose the problem was a build up of powder residue behind the extractor.
Does anyone know a good way to clean behind the extractor short of removing it?

dleong

75B FTE solved.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 11:48:38 AM »
Congratulations on solving your FTE problem!

There's probably some way you could spray powder solvent into the assembly and flush out the crud, but for maximum effectiveness, you're better off spending the 5-or-so additional minutes removing the extractor and cleaning it separately. I do this at every *other* cleaning session (I know, I know... I'm lazy), and admittedly, there's very little crud to remove. Using a clean-burning powder (in this case, Hodgdon's Universal Clay) probably helps keep it clean.

DL

idpaer

75B FTE solved.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 05:17:22 AM »
Thanks DL, I didn't know if removeing the extractor would loosen the pin. Addmitadly I've been using a round that burns very dirty and have started spraying cleaner in to flush out the residue.