Author Topic: Second P-07 Duty Page  (Read 17481 times)

ClarkstonCZ

Second P-07 Duty Page
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »

Offline hvacwizard24

Re: Second P-07 Duty Page
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
nice holster

Offline narceleb

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
These high-ride belt holsters may be fine for the more svelt among us, but I am not one of them.  I want the grip to be at or below my belt-line.  I have an Uncle Mike's for my Taurus PT111 that is just about perfect.  I can unclip it when I sit down in the car (and clip it to the door pocket), and clip it right back on again when I get out.

Anyone know what size Uncle Mike's fits the P-07?

Offline wammax

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:32:51 PM »

Anyone know what size Uncle Mike's fits the P-07?

Uncle Mike's Size 15 works.  I'm anxious to see if it still fits when I get my LaserLyte Sub-Compact V2 laser sight.  I think it might.

Offline hotrod6657

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
I've got the Uncle Mike's #15 too.  Does seem to fit nicely, but my gun is still breaking it in.  Also have a laser, the one in the link, and it fits in the holster still with it on.  I have it mounted as far back on the rail as I can so I can reach the switch with my pointer finger.

Laserlyte Laser

Offline Acee

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:39:44 PM »
Hotrod,

How do you like the laser?

Offline hotrod6657

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
I like it, but i've only shot with it once, and it was a very bright day.  It made seeing it from 25 yds back really tough.  (I normally shoot much closer, around 7 yrds, but the range had a lot of traffic and that just wasn't an option.

I got it as a bit of a novelty and I'm planning on practicing 90% of the time with it attached to the gun, but off so I can teach myself proper shooting.  That being said it makes shooting quickly, and accurately, much easier since you no longer have to focus on the gun's actual sights.

One little nuance of that particular sight was that the adjustments seemed backward to me.  you tighten the up down adjustment (which is on the bottom of the laser for me) to make the dot go down.  Took a little work but finally got it spot on.

Offline Acee

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:16 AM »
Thanks Hotrod,  When it's dark or low lighting the current sights are useless for me so I need something else.  Do you know if removing and reinstalling keeps the same point of aim?

Offline hotrod6657

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
It seems to keep it close, so long as you put it on about the same spot of the rail, but it's not perfect since there is a fair bit of play with the rail system.  I wouldn't rely on it being correct after it's been removed though.

It's not tough to check it.  I just paced off about 7 yrds in my garage and put a piece of tape on the door.  then steadied the gun with whatever i could find and aimed at the piece of tape.  I made my adjustments from there since that way way easier than trying free hand.

I could see how the current sites would be tough in low light.  I'm gong to try and get to the range on an overcase/gloomy day so I can really see how they work.  Hope that helps.

hotrod

Offline Acee

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:05 AM »
Thanks Hotrod.

Offline leroyparker

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
I posted yesterday for the first time about the same magazine problems you guys are having. So today, I called CZ USA and spoke to Neil. He said he's only been there for two weeks but he was real helpful. He said he's sending me a call tag via email to return the gun and mags free of charge. They'll also pay shipping to return it to me. He said I'd get a whole new gun. I asked if he knew what was causing the problem and he said it was the type of polymers they had been using in the plastic. He also said that by using a different polymer(s), CZ has also corrected the "bulging" in the frame above the  trigger that some guns had developed. So we'll see what happens.

Offline epwrangler

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
At normal combat distances you should be practicing point shooting and ignore the sights. Once the distance increases  enough then the sights come in to play. I promise in the heat of a close encounter they might as well not be there.colt knows it. look at their compact  1911. No sights just a channel.

Offline bigdrewski69

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
not only there but there is a site for a laser sight and flash light for a tactical gun for 58.00.. http://www.outdoorbunker.com/PISTOL-LASER-SIGHT-AND-FLASHLIGHT-COMBINATION-p/(ncs-apfls-).htm
I am going to order this one.. I am trying to get into executive security and this is what i will carry..

Offline CAROLINAKID

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
Anyone interested in a clip-less IWB holster should check www.remoraholsters.com. I ordered one for my S&W MP .40C. Gun fits great and believe it or not, that holster will stay put. Watch the videos w/the martial arts instructor demonstrating it.
I wore mine outside one day at about the 3:30 position, covered by a sweat shirt. I had the S&W in it, and it was very comfortable in and out of the car and while shopping. Will take some getting used to as the Smith 40 compact is not very light with loaded mag. in it.  I am only 5'-6" and about 168 lbs.
Later that evening I decided to try my P07 Duty w/the holster.........it fit just like the holster was made for it. The only difference between the two guns as far as fit is that the 07's grip is about 1/2" longer than the Smith. To me that is a plus as it allows more purchase on grip when drawing.
I am not saying this is the "CORRECT" holster for the 07.......it just fits great in my opinion.
I now own a $25 holster that accomodates two firearms.
Check out their web page....it has all the info. listed, and if you have any questions, give Alan (the owner)a call. Very nice person to deal with.
The holster # for my Smith was the #6.
Have a nice day.