Author Topic: Home grown summer special  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Bompa

Home grown summer special
« on: October 28, 2002, 11:29:21 PM »
Well I have about 400 or 500 rounds through my 75b with a Optima sitting on the slide..Functioning has been perfect and of coarse the accuracy has been fantastic..The biggest problem was,and is,finding a mount that works well and looks
good also..I have never seen an original Fire Point mount except in pictures but have them in other sizes and they look
like they belonged there..What I have found at the present time are a platform above the slide not contoured to the slide..It works but,to me,detracts from the good looks and graceful lines of the pistol..Waiting on a JP mount and then will try the new J-Point sight..
Red dots are great for old eyes..

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 06:51:03 AM »
Are these sights similar to the  functionally similar Tascos?  (Are they made by Tasco, and relabled?)

Offline Bompa

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 07:18:15 PM »
The J-Point sight is very similar to the Tasco Optima and the FireSight..Fire Sight was the maker of the Tasco unit and is
not in production at this time,so I am told by a lady at Firepoint..She also claims that they are not making the J-Point..There is no marking on the new sight as to where it is made,the other sights were made in the UK..
The J-Point sight is made,imported or whatever, by JP Enterprises..They do custom AR15's and some 1911 race guns..The sight is not on their web site,it is sold by EABO and Midway..It is supposed to be an upgrade of the Optima,only time will tell..I have had good luck with the Optima,my only complant being the 3.5 min dot is too small..I do like the consept of the small,light sight plus the ease of mounting..

CZ75ID

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 08:48:31 PM »
Hi what base did u use for the Optima? I'm thinking that
such a sight/mount would work on my 10MM?

Offline Bompa

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 09:37:08 PM »
Check the list of J-point mounts at EABCO.. They list more than midway..One could call JP enterprises and see what they have in stock.. They list a model for the witness fixed sight and the super sight..