Author Topic: Adjusting POI  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Roger H

Adjusting POI
« on: December 18, 2005, 04:42:40 PM »
Angus,
What is the best way to drift the rear sights of your competition sights?  Mine are about 6 inches high and 6 inches to the right at 35 yards.  I can deal with the high, but not the shooting to the right.  I tried removing the set screw and drifting them, but they won't budge.  

Thanks

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Adjusting POI
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:34:32 PM »
If the sights are center in the slide, I find it hard to belive that the gun is shooting that far to the right.
Where does it shoot closer. ie 15 yards?
Adjustment should be just as you say but make sure you lift the set screw high enough to clear the machined circle under the sight.
High means lower the rear or raise the front.
CZ have 6 different rear sight heights. You would fist need to know what your is by removing it fully. Then call Mike and she his suggestion for correcting. Do you often shoot the gun at 35 yards?
PS What model is the gun?

Angus Duhhhh!

Offline Roger H

Adjusting POI
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:55:13 PM »
It's a CZ 75B.  The sights are more to the right when you look down from the rear.  The work was supposedly done by Mink ( trigger and sights).  I shoot USPSA and you know how they like standards at some matches.  CM 99-63 killed me last weekend.  It's high and right at 15 yards also.  More like 4 inches each way.  If I aim for the "A" in the a-zone I hit the C/D in the shoulder.

Walt-Sherrill

Adjusting POI
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:07:25 PM »
If its high and right, shifting the rear sight to the left will help the "right" part of the problem.

Some of us have found that the rear sights on SOME CZ feel as though they're WELDED in place.  You need a sight pusher, a hydraulic ram, or a brass punch and a big hammer to move that sucker...  

A lower rear sight will help the "High" part.

Offline Stuart

Adjusting POI
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:43:17 PM »
Roger..

did you buy your 75b from a guy FL??

just curious..as I sold my 75B and I saw recently he sold that gun..
if it is the same..then yes Matt did do all the work..
when I sold the gun it shot POI right on at 25yards with 124 Montana Gold JHP bullets..

if not the same gun...never mind...

Offline Roger H

Adjusting POI
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 08:56:20 PM »
I think it might be the same gun.  The guy moved from FL to GA recently.  He must have moved the sights somehow.  I can't for the life of me figure out how.  I've wacked that thing like there's no tommorow.

Walt-Sherrill

Adjusting POI
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 06:49:16 AM »
See if any of your local gunsmiths have a sight pusher.  (My range has one that I used to borrow, until I bought my own.)

A sight pusher lets  you put a lot of force on the sight, without risking damage to the finish, etc.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Adjusting POI
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 07:26:27 PM »
High and right sounds like the guy and a terrible flinch that he made good by altering the sights.
Sounds like he may have used some sort of chemcial to set the rear sight in place.
You could try some heat if that is the case.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline Roger H

Adjusting POI
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 11:58:53 AM »
What kind or heat do you suggest?  Hair dryer, lighter, or blow tourch?

Walt-Sherrill

Adjusting POI
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »
A (big) soldering iron works for me -- just keep it away from the polycoat finish.  (Metal on metal only.)

anything