Author Topic: CZ USA Competition Rear Sight -- Why  (Read 3771 times)

Offline Bompa

CZ USA Competition Rear Sight -- Why
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 09:05:17 PM »
And then when the eyes don't work so good anymore and a red dot is the answer try a Docter or a J-Point.. Easy to install and easy to use..

efdavila

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 06:39:48 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos.
Does the competition front sight come with the dot?

Offline Miossi Gun Works

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 07:16:26 PM »
No the competition front sight is plain black.  The Angus sight set is the best sight set around that does not require milling the slide, it offers a great sight picture.  I think it is best to buy the Full height for you too trim to your POA/POI since we all see a little different sight picture, and you can set it for your ammo.  It is very easy to file down square to the rear by taking the plastic top off a box of .22lr ammo and placing it on a fine cut file, then place the slide on the file with the rear Angus sight on plastic top and use it as a slide.  This keeps every thing square with the rear sight, just remember two things, files work in one direction only and take one or two strokes at a time then check your work as a little goes a long way.

Jim

Miossi Gun Works LLC
702 Park Dr
Monticello, IA 52310

Offline Tangram 37

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 07:09:45 PM »
Started this thread last May.  I finally had CZ USA Competition sights fitted.  Pleased with the results - a sharp sight picture.  Also I had an adjustable rear sight that adjusted itself.  Kept blaming my accuracy concerns on my grip, sight picture, sight alignment, ....  (No, I don't know the cause of the movement just that I kept finding the allignment marks altered.  I also suspect that this is an unusual problem.  None of my other CZ adjustables have this tendency.)

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 07:18:39 PM »
And since I first responded (above) we've learned that all of the 75B-based guns, including the CZ-85 Combat, share the same dovetails.

The 85 Combat, when fitted with the factory adjustable sight, has an area behind the dovetail milled away to allow proper sight adjustment/deflection.  The PCR has an area in front of the dovetail milled away to allow the PCR's unique Novak-like (low snag) sight to work.  

(This was per Mike Eagleshield at CZ-USA.)

Offline SpaceGhost

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 10:27:24 PM »
I'm happy with the Angus rear / front sight combination.  Here is a photo to add to the discussion.