Author Topic: retaining base pads  (Read 1537 times)

ipsc1

retaining base pads
« on: June 20, 2005, 02:42:31 AM »
I got some of the rubber CZ basepads but I'm having problems with them unlocking. The extra traction when reloading seems to be enough to overcome the resistance of the retention button in the mag. This past weekend at a match I screwed up 3 stages at a match when the basepad slid off and the mag guts spewed out on the range. I ended up switching back to 10 round mags as they don't come apart on the reload.

I've played with adjusting the button and the shape of the base plate and the angle of the spring. What are other people doing to keep their mags together , or am I the only one with this problem.

thanks, Cliff

Walt-Sherrill

retaining base pads
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:24:49 AM »
I've never seen, let alone used, a CZ rubber base pad.  Sorry.

Offline Stuart

retaining base pads
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 06:20:23 AM »
Mine are held pretty firmly by the spring plate..I did have to fit them to the mags by grinding the ledge that holds them on..so mine might have a bit more snug of a fit..

I have a SP01 and tend to use those mags to reload too as they are a little longer..
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline Miossi Gun Works

retaining base pads
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
Often you have to enlarge the hole in the center of the base plate just a little, this allows the retaining plate detent to seat fully in the base plate.  If you have a wide selection of drill bits find the drill but that just fits the holes and go up one size to ream the holes out a little larger.  Also take note or better yet a measurement of the depth of the distance from the bottom of the base plate to the top of the detent on the magazine prior to reaming out the hole, then re-measure after reaming. This will tell you if it was large enough to make a difference, a few thousands is all that is needed.

Jim

Miossi Gun Works LLC
702 Park Dr
Monticello, IA 52310

Offline GaryXD

retaining base pads
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 07:31:22 PM »
Mine are so darn tight I had to beat them on with a hammer. Nothing short of a blow torch would get them off.

TY44934

retaining base pads
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 01:06:23 PM »
I've been using the new rubber basepads w/ same experience as garyXD; so tight that they do not come off.  However, maybe filing the edges of the nub on the retainer would help. Alternatively, what about buliding up some steel on the nub with a weld?

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
retaining base pads
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »
Thre is a different retainer plate available.
It has a larger nub in the center I had a  few but used them in all my mags. I belive they come as standard now on P01.
You could alsways drill tap and use a small hex head crew:D
Angus Duhhhh!

anything