Author Topic: The Spring has Sprung  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Tangram 37

The Spring has Sprung
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »
I am interested in how often high round count shooters are changing their CZ 75/85 Combat recoil springs.  Stock or not?

Walt-Sherrill

The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 07:00:38 PM »
I've got 5K+ rounds through an 85 combat using a 16# Wolff recoil spring.  Its still shooting like new.

Angus Hobdell says he has put 40K plus rounds through his guns using FACTORY springs (which a number of us consider wimpy springs.)

Nobody here has demonstrated problems with frame damage, etc.

Offline Matthew Mink

The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 07:51:25 PM »
I haven't kept good records, but memory tells me I had some factory springs last 2K rds, some lasted 5K.  The Wolff's last much longer.

edited when I realized I typed mag instead of spring, duh

Offline Tangram 37

The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 11:40:20 PM »
My 85 Combat will be winging it way to me on Monday.   I will order a few recoil springs, an extractor spring, and some mag springs.  I like having them on hand.

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 03:27:28 PM »
I am pretty sure appart from my secret 18 roundmagaize I ahve never chnaged the facotry magazine springs and the only guns I ahve awith a wolff recoil springs are the champion and the CZ 97B.
I ahve used a few wolff mainspirngs but I normall cut the factory ones.

I am thinking about adding wolff spring to the web site soon.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline Cameroon

The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:30:24 AM »
Have been running a 75B for the past several years. Now with over 30K through it. Recoil spring is factory original, still.
We changed to Wolf springs for the magazines - it was necessary.

n-8Ring-czechpistols82792

The Spring has Sprung
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 07:30:25 PM »

I installed the Wolf factory standard recoil spring in my 85 Combat about 3,000 rounds ago. Noticably stronger than the original, it still works fine and the cases land about 4-5 feet away instead of 8 feet away with the original spring on the same loads.

My mag springs are originals but I may stretch them a bit the next time I take the mags apart.

Chris