Author Topic: RAMI 9mm - first range report  (Read 915 times)

semi-otto

RAMI 9mm - first range report
« on: March 24, 2004, 06:37:03 PM »
Hi everybody!
            I've wanted a RAMI since I first read about it here, a year ago.
            I shot it for the first time yesterday, and I'm a very satisfied customer! It went through 200 rounds combined of GECO & Speer FMJ, and Federal 9BP JHP, with no problems whatsoever. It kept all of the shots in a 5.5" Shoot N' See target paster at 7 yards, mostly inside the 8 ring. It was very controllable, similar to the Springfield XD-9 subcompact I had last year, but it doesn't feel like you're trying to conceal a brick, and I am more comfortable with the DA/SA trigger. The only slight negative was the sights. They are hard to pick up for my 45 year old eyes. The XD-9 SC's front sight seemed a lot bigger/brighter. Down the road I'll probably get XS 24/7,Heinie, or Novak night sights. Now I can't wait to get my pocket holster from Eric! Thanks and stay safe.

Offline jlc

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:22:45 AM »
here's another one:

range report

CZ2075 9MM

price:  Approx $460 at local gun shop

This pistol is the ideal size for CCW for me.  I am very thin, and the shortened grip really makes a difference from the P-01 (I could never quite get enough cant in the right place to make the P-01 feel concealed enough for my comfort).

Its blockier than the P-01, and a couple of sharp angles are a little too sharp (rear sights seemed sharp, the bottom ends of the slide serrations easily snag a cleaning cloth when you take the slide off  no big deal).

I was most impressed with the way it shoots.  It feels more comfortable and controllable for me than the P-01.  Its a nice little pistol!  The trigger pull seems a tiny bit lighter than the P-01, but I think its the same trigger.  Out of the box its trigger was not nearly as rough as my P-01s was, but it still needs some breaking in.  The stock sights werent as bad either.

I fired about 100 rounds through it.  Only shortcoming was when I fired one-handed with a Pro-Mag .40 Calibre Compact magazine, I got repeated failures to feed (using Winchester Value Pack 115 FMJ).  Subsequently I polished the ramp a bit, so Ill see if that helps.  Two-handed, it fed Federal and Sellier hollow points without any problems.    Also, after the last round the slide would not always lock back with my other CZ and Pro-Mag magazines.  When using the RAMI mags, it operates perfectly though.

The slide catch is a bit tough.  Its small and tight, and Im left-handed, so I cannot get it to function manually with the side of my left index finger (an easy feat on my other pistols).   The recoil springs contribute to that a bit too. Perhaps after it breaks in Ill be able to use my index finger again.

All in all Im extremely satisfied with it.

(edited to fix erroneous price)

Offline jlc

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 09:23:31 AM »
one typo above, I meant $460, not $260!!! (I wish)

Offline dairycreek

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 04:04:27 PM »
I bought my RAMI the day before yesterday and took it out for the first time this morning.  Cost NIB was $450.00 in Portland, Oregon.

I shot 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain FMJ at a range of approximately 7 yards and can report that with RAMI factory mags I had no FTF,  no FTE,  no failure of any kind.

I also tried some other 10 round CZ mags that came with my CZ 75BD and CZ 85C.  In around 20 rounds I had one instance (after shooting several rounds) of the gun failing to chamber the next round.  A well placed tap took care of that but the RAMI would never stay open after the last shot was fired using those mags.

As far as accuracy is concerned the major problem is me!  But I could pretty much get everything into a 5" circle at the aformentioned 7 yards.  For me that's absolutely scintillating shooting.  I think that the RAMI might do better and I'll find out when my son-in-law tries it out as he is a very good marksman.

In reading the other posts in this thread it would seem fairly similar results were obtained.  I am pretty pleased with the little gun and it is a real pleasure to carry concealed using an  Uncle Mike's IWB cloth holster.  If Eric can still turn out a holster for the RAMI I'll sure get one from him.  But, for the moment the Uncle Mike's does okay.  Good shooting;)

Catbird33

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 07:00:09 AM »
I just ordered my 9mm RAMI this morning via e-mail to my dealer.  The price agreed upon is $429 plus tax (same as I paid him for my P-01).  With any luck, I'll have it by the end of the week. :)