Author Topic: What's best Lube for collectible leather holster?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Dos

What's best Lube for collectible leather holster?
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »
I have WWII leather/canvas holster that is dry and slightly cracking.    What would be the best lube treatment to help soften it up and preserve it?  TIA

FFinAZ

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »
I have quite a few leather holsters and believe it or not I have found that "Wilsons" leather and suede protector that I use on my leather jackets works quite well on my holsters too. This stuff water-proofs them and repells dust.

Not bad stuff and cheap too.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »
Lots of gun collectors with valuable holsters (as in WWI and WWII Luger holsters) like MINK OIL.  Most shoe repair shops can get it for you, and may have other suggestions, too.

Offline Smells Familiar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:36:27 PM »
The problem with many leather oils on the market is that they are made from either rendered animal fat or a petroleum base.  The products made from animal protiens/fat (mink oil, neatsfoot oil, ect.) will break down after time and products containing a petrol base are horrible for leather and will ruin your leather and break down many other materials.  

In my opinion, the absolute best products for preserving leather  are made by Bee Natural Leathercare.  www.bee-natural.com/index.html
These products are all natural and contain no petroleum or rendered animal fat.  They will not break down and they work wonders.  These are superior products.  Check them out.

anything