Author Topic: Slowing down up purpose  (Read 2421 times)

Offline ut83

Slowing down up purpose
« on: May 12, 2003, 06:40:31 AM »
Hey CZF'ites,
Im UT83 aka Eric Larsen....maker of HBE Holsters.  I just wanted to drop you all a line about the future of HBE rigs.
My holster business is quite the hobby gone array...:D
This is good...it keeps me busy and is seriously, my therapy.

However, I have slowly been developing ALOT of pain in my hands..no arthritis..Im NOT THAT OLD! :rolleyes
Ive got Tendonitis and have been in a brace for around 4 months....gotten Cortizone shots (THESE ARE KILLERS! OUCH)
Nothing seems to help.....Surgery is in the future....but in the mean time...my hobby is gonna slow down a tad.

Due to this lovely situation....sarcasm....ha ha!  I am gonna pretty much reduce my production.  I dont know if you guys know this or not....most "Custom" Rig makers use press's to shape there rigs and may bone them slightly by hand for the details.  EVERY bit of mine are done by hand....I guess too much for my mits.  

My pricing may go up a bit...like 5-10$ to help with medical bills and the never ending cost increases of leather, dyes and supplies.

Just thought I would start this ball rolling here and let you all know that Im still gonna be doing this....Ill find a way to make rigs, even if I had my hands in casts :D  :eek :eek

Shoot well and thanks for your time.

Unregistered(d)

Slowing down up purpose
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 07:29:36 AM »
Donations for the man!

n-75BDdude

Slowing down up purpose
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 03:41:01 PM »
I already sent a donation a month or so ago !!!
Ok... maybe not a DONATION .....it was for a rig....  But now I know why it hasn't arrived yet  :eek

Man.... Eric... I can sympathize big time. I've had a couple of bad bouts with tendonitis over the years and it ain't fun. Basically you have to figure out a way to NOT use that tendon .... for about 6 MONTHS !!!!  Oh.... and eating ibuprophen like it's candy helps considerably as well....  Really !!!

Take care man!!! I hope you get through this quickly... without surgery !!!

Cricket67

Slowing down up purpose
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 07:18:21 AM »
Eric, I have the same thing and I am 35 y/o.  I love to carve soapstone, but my hands tend to cramp up on me - it's the position and how I hold my tools.  Just have to take more breaks.  I know it is a passion and you can go forever, but your hands cannot.  Good luck.