Author Topic: CZ 75B Military Pricing Advice  (Read 3799 times)

Offline beammeupscotty

CZ 75B Military Pricing Advice
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2002, 09:46:00 PM »
akscz75b,

The only tip I can give you is don't buy in CA.  Buy off the web.  Not only will you get a better price, but you will pay no sales tax.  As I said in my earlier post, $319.00 is the best price I have ever seen for a new CZ75B and if you want one, get it for that price.  I live in the SF Bay Area and prices for all guns are too high here. With the advent of the internet, I don't see how gun shops are staying in business, but they seem to be.  The trick to buying on line is to buy from a legitimate dealer (check feedback)   I always pay through Paypal if I can, or phone in with a credit card number. I don't recommend buying with money orders, although I have done that before with success too. That way you have some recourse if someone tries to rip you off.  I have purchased 8 firearms over the web in the last year without any problems at all.  I do most of my buying from Auctionarms.com or Gunbroker.com. I am praying that that new micro 9mm that CZ is comming out with will become available before 2003.  I also plan to do as much buying before then as I can.  I suspect another 75B or compact will be in my future.  

My FFL plans on staying in business, but who knows.  If you are in the Bay Area, I can give you the name of a couple of FFL holders in this area that will accept firearms for you and charge a reasonable fee.  You can also find a listing of FFL dealers in your area on both the above mentioned auction sites.  Good luck and BUY ONLINE!!!

akscz75b

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2002, 10:55:12 PM »
Beam Me up, thank you for info, I live in Santa Cruz (I'm almost embarrassed to post that!)

There's an FFL person here who charges $40 for the transfer. Cal $20 state fee is on top of that. Sound reasonable to you?

We had a great place to shoot here but the city closed it down.

Markley's in Watsonville has a gun range, and almost everyone working there is ex law enforcement. A former policeman suggested the CZ 75 to me, and he has several CZs, including some 83s for his wife and daughter.

I think that they make money from the range and ammo. The rental CZ 75 I shot before my purchase convinced me to buy it, and they didn't charge me for the range and gun rental because I bought a pistol that day.

So, while their prices seem high, this place at least has good service and advice. All of them are carrying while in the store,  kind of makes for a quaint atmosphere. Probably no shoplifting in there.

Regards, AKS

Oldnslow

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2002, 02:34:41 PM »
The typical 75B (not the military) has stock plastic grips that are on the thin side. The Hogue monogrips with finger grooves are about the same thickness, but have the finger grooves on the front that adds a little depth. The CZ rubber grips are actually a fairly hard rubber compound with cross hatching that feels as if they were soft. The Hogues and CZ rubber grips provide a better hold than the plastic grips which can be slippery when wet. The CZ rubber grips also have a palm swell that fills the palm of the hand better, especially if you have larger hands. I went through all three on my first CZ75B and have had several other shooters test the differences, too. I prefer the CZ rubber grips, but a friend has an identical 75B and prefers the Hogue grips for his smaller hand. Good luck!

Herkimer9mm

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2002, 09:58:40 PM »
I also purchased a CZ75B from jgalibois on gunbroker.  Excellent dealer, lowest price, fast shipping.

It turned out that I didn't like the grips on the "military" model, so I got some hogue grips for $18 today, now it's perfect.

avery53

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2002, 11:46:00 AM »
I bought mine from jgalibois, $338.00 delivered. $15.00 transfer fee. The guy is great to deal with. Fast shipping good prices. I will buy from him again. You'll love the CZ.            Avery 53

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2002, 01:30:31 PM »
Do you have JGal.bois's address ? I'm looking to buy a CZ75 B. I looked on gunbroker.com but he has no guns listed today.  A telephone # or email address would be great. Thank you.

Offline jdavis31

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2002, 02:59:37 PM »
Check out www.marshfieldarms.com. Looking forward to shooting my new CZ 75B this Saturday. I haven't shot anything in 20 years. It's going to be good getting back into the habit.