Author Topic: magtech ammo?  (Read 2110 times)

akscz75b

magtech ammo?
« on: August 26, 2002, 10:22:50 PM »
Sirs:
Today I found some ammo called Magtech, and the cheapest in the store, although in California ammo is expensive. E.G., whitebox winchester is $8.50 Speer Gold dots $12+, etc.
This magtech stuff was $6.89, still $3 cheaper than the range sells ammo.
Has anyone tried this ammo? It says made in Brazil on the box, in addition to a huge chart of info on velocity, etc on the package, kinda cool.  
I got a couple of boxes, so when I shoot it I could post a review.
Regards

Walt-Sherrill

magtech ammo?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 04:05:47 AM »
MagTech is made in Brazil.  

My experience with it has been quite good, and when I see others writing about it, its generally with high praise.

I rank S&B, Denel, PNP, MagTech, IMI, and CCI/Blazer as shoot-alikes: interchangeable in terms of reliability and performance.  If you can find any of them at reliable prices, buy it.

(Note: if I could find it at a reasonable price, I'd shoot ONLY IMI. [Israel Military Industries.] I think its the best 9mm fmj ammo you can buy commercially.   You'll find it on sale from time to time, but its generally 10%-20% more than the rest.)

I don't like Winchester White Box, as I find it less accurate than the others; some also have reliability problems with it -- as it doesn't always extract well in some guns.    Others swear by it.   Avoid UMC.  (Its safe and generally reliable, but quality control is spotty, and performance varies greatly.)

Offline ut83

magtech ammo?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 05:37:13 AM »
I agree with Walt.  Its been good ammo for me.  JHP's dont have TONS of energy or expand like others but its clean and accurate.  Its very consistant and hasnt given me any problems in any caliber.
Shoot well

cz40va

magtech ammo?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 05:42:52 AM »
Like Walt says, It is a very decent ammo on a par with PMC,PMP and several others. It can usually be found at very decent prices.

Offline MLRS

magtech ammo?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 09:40:21 AM »
I think that MagTech has average accuracy and IMHO is some what hot loaded.

akscz75b

magtech ammo?
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 10:27:58 AM »
Sirs:
Thanks very much for your comments. I will buy some more magtech while I wait for my mail order of Sellier Bellot to arrive. I've not seen the IMI ammo, I'll keep my eye out for it.
regards