Author Topic: Firepoint sight  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Atlatl

Firepoint sight
« on: July 16, 2002, 07:46:05 PM »
Anyone used the new firepoint sight?  ..or other equivalent sights?   What are your thoughts?   Does CZ offer it seperately, cost etc?

www.czusa.com/_p/pdt.php?id=49

Regards,
Travis

Glockguy-23

Firepoint sight
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 01:44:44 PM »
The Firepoint is a Tasco offering (same as the Optima 2000).  Not a bad red dot, but I don't recommend mounting it on the slide.  Find a mounting system like the IPSC guys use, one that mounts to the frame, and mount it that way.  BTW, Tasco has gone out of business, so parts/repairs may be a problem...

avlonfrg

Firepoint sight
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 06:59:14 PM »
I too had wondered whether CZ would offer the sight on existing CZ 75 B's,
so I emailed them. A little pricey at $268, I think. There still may be some TASCO
Optima 2000's in the pipeline, even though they have gone belly up. Haven't
 checked that out thouroughly though.

John W

Glockguy-23

Firepoint sight
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 02:45:12 PM »
Well, if you guys are really interested, I've got an Optima with Weaver and Glock mounts.  $150. and I'll ship it to ya... ;)

Oldnslow

Firepoint sight
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 04:59:51 PM »
This is what I posted in a General Discussion thread.

The MSRP on the Firepoint/CZ75B (9mm) combo is only $10.00 more than the CZ75B alone. It is too good to pass up. I got one about a month ago; ordered it within a couple of days of the special appearing on the CZ-USA web site. I love it! These old eyes, and this old body, need all the help I can get. No more looking for the front sight, just find the big (8 MOA) red dot.

The battery was DOA, but a new one was only pocket change (+ tax). When I talked to one of the ladies at CZ-USA about it she offered to send me a new battery. When I refused the battery she sent me a CZ T-shirt! (My wife started wearing it because she said it wouldn't fit me. Uh-huh.)

The red dot had not been adjusted to point-of-impact, but that was easy to do once I figured everything out. That was a little bit of a problem as there were no instructions for the sight in the box; just instructions for the mount. Several others have shot it and everyone likes it; some call it my race gun. It is dead accurate and the dot auto-adjusts to existing light conditions!

A couple of weeks ago at a local gun show a guy was talking about buying it for about $100.00 over the MSRP. I don't know if I would have sold it as he never made the offer; just talked about it.

BTW: Firepoint's web site is still up, so the company may not be totally dead. It's in the U.K. and I'm not calling long distance to find out.

The Optima sight was made for Tasco by Firepoint, but I have been told that it was not the same internally as the Firepoint used by CZ. Anyway, the Optima was discontinued by Tasco last December, or so. Tasco went liquid the end of May and it looks as if it will be broken up for good. No joy there.

Optima and Firepoint sights use the same mounts, Call CZ if you really need a mount for a CZ. Brownells web site may have them, too.

Oh, some guy traded in a CZ75B (.40 S&W) the other day at a local shop. They didn't give him very much for it, but I won't be giving them much for it, either. Probably less than $250.00 and it's only a few months old. Some people have too much money or too few brains, or something. I just hope that I'm being lucky.

anything