Author Topic: Welcome to Club SP-01  (Read 79993 times)

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Welcome to Club SP-01
« on: December 11, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »

This section of the CZ Forum is dedicated to discussion of the CZ SP-01 family of pistols.

The SP-01 is essentially a full-size version of the successful P-01 Compact. In addition to the SP-01, a CZ-USA Custom Shop model is marketed for the U.S. In Europe, the SP-01 Shadow offers similar features to the custom model.

Official CZ-USA Link for the CZ SP-01:
http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=73

Official CZ-UB Link for the CZ SP-01 Custom Shop Model:

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=74

Official CZ-UB Link for the CZ SP-01:

http://www.ceskazbrojovka.com/index.php?p=32&idp=1&ids=3&idz=16&lang=en

Official CZ-UB Link for the CZ SP-01 Shadow:

http://www.ceskazbrojovka.com/index.php?p=32&idp=1&ids=3&idz=208&lang=en

The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
Re: Welcome to Club SP-01
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »
CZ Custom is the "Official US Distributor" for the Shadow.
http://www.czcustom.com
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline dgspurge

• mmm..."buttery smooth triggers"
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:21:52 PM »
Congratulations Angus...couldn't happen to a nicer shop!!  We are really loving our Shadow!
Me:  SP-01 Shadow
       CZ 75 Tactical Sport (.40)
Wife: CZ 85 Combat

Offline speedgunner1

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
can anyone tell me about the spo1 shadowmate, i just purchased one last week.  It is a upgarded version as far as i understand.  Does anyone have one yet and if so how do you like it.  I really am interested in some reviews.  I paid 1350 for this baby and would like to know am i getting what i paid for.  I know spo1 shadows are great guns for competitive shooting and that is what i am going to be doing.  Any feedback would be great.

Offline hedley

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
I shoot a couple 9mm Walthers and just got my C75 SP-01 Tgt...what a beautiful gun.  I have shot 115 grain 9mm in my Walthers and wonder if anyone uses a heavier bullet with consistent good results....

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »
I have shot 115 grain 9mm in my Walthers and wonder if anyone uses a heavier bullet with consistent good results....
My son shoots the 9mm Custom Shadow and I shoot a 9mm 75B.   The heavier 124 gr give 'US' less felt recoil at the same power factor as the 115gr bullets.

We both found 124 gr bullets improved our speed (follow-on shots) and had good accuracy for gun games.  Some like the "snappier" feel of the 115gr, and some prefer the slow push of the 147gr.  The 124gr is what the 9mm was designed for.

It's a shooter's preference/choice.
JMO

Offline RFG

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:04:36 AM »
Ive owned a few CZ's and my last cz purchased was an sp-01. I have loved them all but the sp-01 I bought a few years back is one of those guns that will remain in my possession to the end. What a great shooting and quality piece. I am a huge fan of the sp-01 platform. My dream for it is to send it to CZ custom for a full spa treatment. I will be haunting these pages for as long as you all can stand me. ;)

Offline Danllee1

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
I prefer the 9 mm in 124 grain in all my 9 mm CZ's. I believe the accuracy is more consistent, although the accuracy with the 115 grn is good as well.
I think it is just a personal preference and what you are accustomed to.
After all, it's a CZ it's going to be accurate!

Offline belizejet01

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:40:55 PM »
I have a CZ SP-01. Does anyone know if EAA/tanbleeplio witness magazines will work in it? I live in Colorado and can't get the 18 rounders anymore because of gun grabber politics.

Offline Hamfisted

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
Belizejet use the factory 10 rounders. Most of the other brands won't lock the slide back on last round fired.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-CZ-85-9mm-10-Round.aspx

-Mike

Offline belizejet01

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »
Does me no good. I'll find some as "repair kits". I refuse to use 10 rounders out of principle.

Offline nlandram

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
http://www.gunsupplies.co.nz/new-pistols?limit=all

Wish they carried these Dark Side models in the United States. There custom made guns using cz 75 bases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline Starlet4ag

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »
I just picked up a sp-01 SAO conversion done by cz custom. This is the best shooting gun i've ever shot . It is more impressive at the range than my sig x5. I let two people shoot this gun and both hit a bullseye at 20 yards on the first shot. Nothing more to say .

Offline sweatmachine

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 12:53:19 AM »
Hi all,

FNG checking in.  I just picked up my brand new CZ 75 SP-01 yesterday.  I've yet to shoot it but that will change soon.  First mod will be installing some thinner grips.  I'm currently leaning towards the VZ G10 grips. 

I always do trigger work to my guns, so this one will get a trigger job at some point.  I've been looking at Cajun Gun Works' page and can already feel my wallet getting thinner.  Are there any easy, cheap, or must-do mods I can do myself?  I'd like a lighter crisper trigger, and wouldn't mind bringing the trigger in closer to the grip, especially in DA.

Thanks!

Offline newrival

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »
Are there any easy, cheap, or must-do mods I can do myself?  I'd like a lighter crisper trigger, and wouldn't mind bringing the trigger in closer to the grip, especially in DA.

FYI, you should prob just post in the actual SP-01 board not this stickied post. But regarding your question, most likely, the easiest and cheapest mods you can do is changing your Recoil Spring and Hammer/Main Spring. I, myself, did 13# for both springs. Many others do a 11# Recoil and 13# Main/Hammer. Changing the Hammer spring along with a reduced power trigger return spring will noticeably change the DA and a bit on your single action. This will prob cost you <$30 with s/h
CZ SP-01 fam

anything