Author Topic: How to tear down a decocker gun  (Read 18971 times)

Offline Stuart

How to tear down a decocker gun
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
Does anyone have photos on how to tear down a decocker?? Curious on how to pull the decock lever out and how is spring is place in, in relation to the sear, sear spring and FPBL parts..

thanks..

Offline superduty250

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »
http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com?topic=16293/t/Performed-a-P01-sear-action-job.html

There was a lot of info and pictures at this thread but now I can't get the picture links to show!

The decocker lever is retained by the end of one of the springs fitting down in a slot in the decocker shaft the same as the safety lever in the non-decocker models. There are three springs to fly away and lose, especially the small one on the firing pin block lever. I am trying to build up enough courage to disassemble my 75BD this weekend to smooth the sear-hammer hook surfaces a little. There are lots of posts if you search for "trigger job". I will try to post pictures if I do mine this weekend.

Offline superduty250

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
It appears they have changed the design a little from what I seen in other posts.  My 75BD was made in 2007.  Even though the parts diagram shows a part #63 fixing disc, my gun does not have it.  The 3mm sear pin is simply staked on the left end (under the decocking lever).  The 3mm (.118 inch) pin is straight and the hole right side of frams is a little undersized to keep pin from going out that way.  It must be driven out from right towards left after removing decocking lever.

Hope the pictures turn out ok, this is my first attempt at posting pics.

After working the sear and hammer hooks, I used a .110 slave pin .670 long made from #35 drill.  This will just fit out right side hole when sear pin is pushed in from left side.

Warning, this is what MY gun has.  I know some BDs have a fixing disc holding the sear pin in and the right side hole is much smaller.  Also, pictures of a 40P decocker look much different on left side of frame.

Many, many thanks to all the guys who have posted sear and hammer reworking details.  I spent about two hours on disassembly working the sear yesterday and about 4 hours today working the hammer and smoothing smoothing the DA parts using info from all the posts I have browsed over the last couple of weeks.  Assembly is REALLY a bear.  Believe all those who say it is hard.  You really must take precautions or you will lose or break springs.  I in NO WAY would recommend anyone attempt this without accepting that you may be unsuccessful and worse case end up taking to a real gunsmith for repair and replacing broken or lost parts.

That being said.....

I absolutely cannot believe how much better the SA trigger feels -- like BUTTER!  DA is also much improved.  I had already replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 16# and the trigger spring with a Wolff 15# which had helped but it was still gritty after 1000 rounds and twice as many dry fires.  I also had already polished the FPBL, FPB surface, trigger strut corners and trigger spring inside surface. I can't wait to do some test firing this Wednesday.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:58:06 PM by superduty250 »

Offline Stuart

Re: How to tear down a decocker gun
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
OK...got my decocker gun..and finally think I got this figured out..
mine has the ambi decocker..so there is an additional lever to depress in the right side lever to release the shaft as well as lifting the sear spring out of the notch.

otherwise..I take out the decocking lever..and then using a Glock tool, drive out the sear pin-right to left. I then drive a sear pin for a manual safety gun ( width of the ejector housing ) from left to right. when lined up in the ejector housing..the whole unit ( with the three springs, sear, FPB lever and decocking lever) comes out. I find this easier as once the sear and springs are set..there is no reason to have to deal with this headache all the time.. now you can get to the hammer and trigger bar.
I just reverse the process to reassemble.

Jeremy..thanks..your link really helped..

I ended up installing a new hammer spring, reworked the trigger spring and sear spring. recut the sear with a secondary angle, recutting the hammer hook and reprofiling the disconnector. also polished the trigger bar, needed to reprofile the extractor a tiny bit and polish the feed ramp.
DA pulls now somewhere between 7.5# and 8# depending where I pull on the trigger and the SA breaks at 4#.
I think I will leave it there now and try to get a bunch of rounds through it, to see where it actually settles in at.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:30:50 PM by eerw »

Offline ShuRugal

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
ugh, my P-01 has the #63 fixing disc...

any advice on getting that thing out/back in?

ok, nvm, i got the disc out, now i cant seem to push the sear pin out.  is there something else holding it??
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:21:39 AM by ShuRugal »

Offline bt1911

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 10:56:36 AM »
now i cant seem to push the sear pin out

There's nothing else holding it.  You'll have to drive it out using the slave pin like SD said.  It can only exit to the left.

Make sure you use the slave pin.  If you don't, and if you've never disassembled / assembled the sear assembly, you will spending a full day getting the sear spring, decocker spring, FP block lever, FP block lever spring, and the disconnector back in their proper place.  Albeit a great shooter, this has to be without a doubt the most unfun pistol I've ever worked on.

Offline ShuRugal

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
well, just got 'er back together.  getting the pin out took more a tap than i was expecting, was nervous about hitting to hard and so didnt hit hard enough.

Used a piece of duct tape to contain the springs, once i got it apart i polished and shaped the sear surface as per directions using a fine ceramic whetstone i carry for my pocketknife.  took me two hours to get the bleep thing back together though...  used the mag-brake pin as a slave pin, because the plunger pin wont fit out the right side of the frame on mine...  the other pin is small enough that the springs wiggle and come unseated... had to end up using the tiny allen wrench AND the pick to hold them in place against the slave pin while i drove the sear pin back in...  i can has three hands nao plz?

anyhow, got it all done, SA feels -great- now, no creep at all, smooth as glass, and that annoying extra cam has been all but elliminated :D

do i get a cookie?

Offline emjei

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
Back from the death but I couldnt sleep last night thinking how to get that sear together.....the magazine slate pin sounds like a go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
When I  changed everything in my 75 BD, everything fell out of the sear cage. I lost the new L spring I purchased from CGW. I was on the floor with a dust pan and brush looking for the spring that popped out f the sear cage for 20 minutes. I was lucky I found it. I ended up purchasing two more L springs for back-up in case I should loose one again.
When I went into my PCR I also noticed that disk, but not in the 75 BD.
The gun were a challenge at first, but that's hat made them fun to work on.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline CAGLS

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 05:30:34 AM »
I used to be intimidated in even attempting to disassemble my P-01. The P-01 has that thin lever in the middle of the underside of the right decocker lever that needs to be pressed with a 1/16" pin punch while trying to giggle the lever off. I use a thin piece of Mylar wedged between the frame and the right decocker lever to help facilitate removing it. As I remember that pin retaining disc slides out the top with a pick. I do use a slave pin when I don't have to remove everything in the sear cage but now I can assemble it all with everything out of the sear cage. I'll have to try using a freezer size zip lock bag to catch any parts launched when removing any springs in the sear cage assembly. I've also worked on the SP-01 Tactical 9mm. After doing it a couple times by using some pictorial guides and taking pictures of the sear cage during the dis-assembly has helped with re-assembly. I still bookmarked this when I do my P-06 and SP-01 Tactical in 40sw.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:36:06 AM by CAGLS »
Custom CZC SP-01 Accushadow LS, CTS LS Orange, SP-01 Shadow Target, SP-01 Tactical 9mm, CZ 75 polished ss, CZ 75 matte ss, CZ 75B SA, P-06, CZ 97B Shadow glossy blue , f/o front sight, duty treat Dan Wesson Valor

Offline schmeky

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »
Stuart,

I have sent this link out many hundreds of times.  It has helped a lot of CZ owners.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7564021&posted=1#post7564021

Offline Stuart

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
Nice to an old post come back to life with all the new interest in CZ pistols.

Offline zfields

• SandStorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom paracord rifle slings.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 12:46:03 AM »
Stuart,

I have sent this link out many hundreds of times.  It has helped a lot of CZ owners.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7564021&posted=1#post7564021

Glad it's helped!

anything