Author Topic: CZ-USA vz-58 Sporters and 18 USC 922(r) Compliance  (Read 103216 times)

Offline JJB70

CZ-USA vz-58 Sporters and 18 USC 922(r) Compliance
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »
Here is a bizarre one.

I got home today and found a box from Tenn Guns.  The problem is I haven't ordered anything since April--that saga is in one of the other threads.  Anyhow, I opened it and discovered they sent me a set of polymer vz.58 handguards.

Of course I am going to thank TGI and return the handguards.  You didn't think I was going to keep them....  Did you?

Offline Radom

• HGWT
CZ-USA vz-58 Sporters and 18 USC 922(r) Compliance
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »
Quote from: JJB70
Here is a bizarre one.  

I got home today and found a box from Tenn Guns. The problem is I haven't ordered anything since April--that saga is in one of the other threads. Anyhow,   I opened it and discovered they sent me a set of polymer vz.58 handguards.  

Of course I am going to thank TGI and return the handguards. You didn't think I was going to keep them.... Did you?

TGI:  Don't make a good boy go bad....

The artist formerly known as FEG...

FEG

Re: CZ-USA vz-58 Sporters and 18 USC 922(r) Compliance
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
Bump in order to "stick."

Offline dusty10

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
I purchased my military sporter from Czechpoint-USA and never gave 922r compliance much thought because they had already figured the parts count thing out.  Having long arms, I decided the military stock was too short for me so I ordered a tactical sporter polymer stock and replaced the wood impregnated plastic military sporter.  I then decided I might like to install a good red dot or halo scope someday and installed  Fab defense upper and lower hand guards.  Reading the guidelines, I think I am still in compliance with 922r regs. 

The one thing that concerns me is none of the American made parts are stamped "made in the USA".  Does anyone else think that might be a problem?
"When people are universally ignorant and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."   Samuel Adams

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:12 AM »
I honestly don't know, the rules don't state they have to be stamped, IIRC. Follow the rules and keep recipets, as the manufacturers will have that info on hand if need be.

Offline dusty10

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
I wonder if I made a real wooden stock set for my VZ-58 if that would qualify as made in USA and help in the whole 922r parts count thing?  ???
"When people are universally ignorant and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."   Samuel Adams

Offline CzechPoint

• www.czechpoint-usa.com
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »
Just to confirm, the US made parts on our D-Technik rifles are: 

- sear
- disconnector
- trigger
- follower
- floor plate

There is no law that states the parts must be marked US made for 922(r) compliance.  The sear and disconnector are small and it would not be easy to mark these parts USA.  The trigger, follower, and floor plate are polymer so it is obvious they are after-market parts.  No one makes these parts except for our contractor using D-Technik molds. 

The vz.58 High Cap Sporter can legally use four US made parts as the thumbhole stock counts for one part only.  But, we still add five parts as we've found some customers like to add the Czechoslovakian made stock sets to their rifles. And yes, if a person makes their own wood furniture in the USA, it is can be counted as US made parts. 

We are hoping to sell US made stock sets for the vz.58 by the end of August.  Not only will they have the look of the very early vz.58, but it'll give three additional US made parts so the original floor plate and follower can be used.

Dan

Offline dusty10

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »
Good to hear you'll be offering USA made real wood stocks soon.  I am definitely interested in that.  Regards, Dusty

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 04:05:04 AM »
Would love to see that!

Offline osageorange

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
Ironwood designs will soon be coming out with VZ58 furniture sets. They just moved to a new facility, so it will take awhile before they are offered on the website. Watch for them in a month or two. Meanwhile, they make great AK furniture for that other project you have going...

http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html

ATTENTION:

All Ironwood Designs stock parts are 100% US made, and will count for 922r parts count.

Offline PLANofMAN

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »
http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/VZ58_Czech.html

Here's the link for the stock sets.

Offline S11033

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
I'm new to this forum and am having some trouble with the search function. Can anyone point me to information like this but for the VZ2008? I'd like to not have to worry about my magazines for compliance, but don't know what parts are US made.

Thanks!

S11

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »
I'm new to this forum and am having some trouble with the search function. Can anyone point me to information like this but for the VZ2008? I'd like to not have to worry about my magazines for compliance, but don't know what parts are US made.

Thanks!

S11

The search function, as you've noticed, doesn't work for this site.  Go to Google and type in:  site:www.czfirearms.us VZ2008 922r

That "site:....." works for any website.

From memory, but please verify this on your own, the VZ2008 US-made parts are:

- Muzzle device
- Barrel
- Receiver
- Gas piston
- Sear
- Disconnector

When checking the 922r status of a VZ2008, some lists do not include a hammer as a foreign-made part as the VZ58 rifle has a striker instead.  However, many VZ58 descriptions and diagrams list the striker as a "linear hammer", possibly making it a gray area.  This could affect 922r compliance when counting backwards:  16, vs 15, countable parts.  I haven't found anything definitive on this subject.

One of the first upgrades a VZ2008 should get after tabbing the carrier is a Czechoslovakian surplus chromed gas piston.  I've done it on mine, although one still has the Century carbon steel US-made part and it's been fine.  I've used Ronin grips to offset that 922r gray area.

To maintain 922r compliance, there are aftermarket, US-made options:  Ronin pistol grips, various hand guards, rifle stocks, as well as CNC Warrior and Bonesteel Arms having a selection of parts.  Keep in mind that a majority of VZ58 aftermarket parts are made new in the Czech Republic or Israel and won't satisfy 922r requirements.

Offline RSR

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
The search function, as you've noticed, doesn't work for this site.  Go to Google and type in:  site:www.czfirearms.us VZ2008 922r

That "site:....." works for any website.

From memory, but please verify this on your own, the VZ2008 US-made parts are:

- Muzzle device
- Barrel
- Receiver
- Gas piston
- Sear
- Disconnector

When checking the 922r status of a VZ2008, some lists do not include a hammer as a foreign-made part as the VZ58 rifle has a striker instead.  However, many VZ58 descriptions and diagrams list the striker as a "linear hammer", possibly making it a gray area.  This could affect 922r compliance when counting backwards:  16, vs 15, countable parts.  I haven't found anything definitive on this subject.

One of the first upgrades a VZ2008 should get after tabbing the carrier is a Czechoslovakian surplus chromed gas piston.  I've done it on mine, although one still has the Century carbon steel US-made part and it's been fine.  I've used Ronin grips to offset that 922r gray area.

To maintain 922r compliance, there are aftermarket, US-made options:  Ronin pistol grips, various hand guards, rifle stocks, as well as CNC Warrior and Bonesteel Arms having a selection of parts.  Keep in mind that a majority of VZ58 aftermarket parts are made new in the Czech Republic or Israel and won't satisfy 922r requirements.

No need for the "www" -- saves you a few keypunches...

Also, "strikers" insofar as the TPTB are concerned serve as both hammers and firing pins (such as the glock).  Since 2 piece on the VZ58, I think it's very safe to assume that it is in fact a linear hammer.

Great post TJN.

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
Thank you for the clarification, and the compliment.

anything