Author Topic: CZ-40b in action...  (Read 4647 times)

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« on: May 29, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
i just started shooting first week of march, and in less than a week i got sucked into IPSC. march 12 was my first match. being an automotive gearhead, i couldn't resist modifying the be-jesus out of my gun. i finally started taking a cmera with me to matches so i can see what i do right and what i do wrong. first time out i took more than a minute on a 20 round stage and completely forgot about one target. last night i shot one perfect stage, and three practically so. just gotta speed up more, the production-C guys are shooting the longer stages in half the time, lol.

i'm shooting limited-10 with a CZ-40b. i did an at-home trigger/action job, put in the competition hammer, made my own paper thin grips, where the traction tape is as thick as the sheet metal i put in, and beveled the magazine well. next up i'll be installing the SA-only trigger, and probably going to mill my frame to make recesses under the trigger guard and beavertail. the grips aren't done, i have a test-fit pair in there and i don't have the correct screws, which is why i have washers under the screws at the moment so they don't protrude into the magazine well. i'll be making a better fitting set of grip panels this weekend, shortening the screws and bushings that hold them.

some videos from last night... read the 'more info' link on the right for commentary.

Offline Stuart

CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
great stuff...looks like you are doing well..the 40b looks like its doing great too..

what was your time on the bill drill..looked nice and steady..
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »
i'm starting cocked-n-locked. last week i kept forgetting to turn off the safety, LOL! this time i remembered. i got 2.86 with 3-A and 3-C.

Name No. Class Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact Stg Pts Stg %
stage 4:
Gingco, Gerard 4 U Limited 10 27 0 2.83 9.5406 23.3745 77.91% <--- hey, at least i remembered the safety!
stage 3:
Gingco, Gerard 4 U Limited 10 69 0 12.89 5.3530 36.5343 52.19% <--- had 1 charlie on a weak hand
stage 2:
Gingco, Gerard 4 U Limited 10 130 0 27.46 4.7342 78.7771 60.60% <--- perfect score
stage 1:
Gingco, Gerard 4 U Limited 10 126 0 25.01 5.0380 75.9950 58.46% <--- stupid 1C and 1D, i aimed as if the last target was right side up lol

i should practice more of the strong/weak hand shooting, and starting with an unloaded gun. accuracy is there, but i've only been at it for a couple months so the speed is not quite up to par with the other young guys.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »
Nice - indoor range with shredded tire backstop? I miss IDPA...

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:39:20 AM »
yes, shredded tire with steel plate backup behind it. i shoot uspsa nights, pins and steel nights at the local range on weeknights since it is located less than 5 minutes from my house, lol...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »
Sweeeeeeet. That's gotta be nice. We have a very nice unmonitored outdoor range about 10 minutes away, but I like an indoor for bad/hot weather.

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 07:48:52 AM »
dude, it's toasty in there. only ventilation is one big fan in the middle of the range. not the greatest, but it does the job. in the winter, it's freezing in there. in the summer like now, it can get to 85-90* in the middle of the day. at night shoots we bring pedestal fans to help cool things down and keep the air moving, haha. all good though.

time is limited i think - they're building condos across the street. peopel will buy them, move in, and say "what's that noise across the street? oh NO-NO-NO! we can't have that. how long has that been here!?"

just like what happened to the dragstrips in so-cal, and locally here in dallas, ga.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
OK, ventilation is substandard for the industry, get them to work on that right away! A bank of fans need to be installed right across the shooting stations, pointed downrange, going on high. This is to provide cool air, andto blow powder/lead residue down range towards the exhaust vents. Use swamp coolers during dry times, (do you have those?) and run AC if you can. Down range, you're SOL, nobody should run duct work that far down - it will only get shot up. But to be legit for NRA indoor range rules, that vent system is bad.
Fans blowing downrange are a must.
As for people moving in, we had an expert come in and soundproof the puppy. As long as the sound leakage meets local ordinaces, then phhhhbbbt! on them. I do NOT reccomend painting a giant red sign on the back of the range saying "Dangerous End"....

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:31:43 PM »
it's the south, so anytime it's hot, it's also humid as hell. swamp coolers are out. the intake vents are behind and on top of the stalls, so that's fine. when we shoot ipsc/pins/steel on weeknights we don't shoot at a fast enough rate to fill up the place, so that's fine too. :shrug:. i believe we meet sound ordinances, but form the outside and being someone that knows nothing about guns, oh well. what can ya do. next nearest place to shoot is 30-45 mins away! nearest ipsc is 45-60 minutes away. F.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
Then put up a sign, "Pardon our dust while remodeling", tell 'em the sounds they hear are hammers...

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
lol, nice try. our front windows to the store (glass frontage) is mirrored, but there is a 15' outline of an AR going across the windows haha. doesn't help there's a huge "MACHINE GUN SALES AND RENTALS" sign too. i've heard people comment, "oh my god, anyone can go in there, rent a machine gun, and shoot people." idiots. hey, here's some more news: almost anyone can get a driver's license, hop in a car, and run it into a crowd of people too.

Offline evan

Re: CZ-40b in action...
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
Vids are dead.

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »

i compiled the three into one...

Offline evan

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 01:00:22 AM »