CZ PISTOL CLUBS > Compact CZ 75s

SS Rod After a Period of Service.

(1/25) > >>

Jose NDT:
At this time there should be P 01?s out there with SS rods installed for over 2 years and thousands of rounds through it. How your pistols are holding? Does the claim that SS rods will crack your slide is showing any evidence? Any cracked or damaged slides out there?  ???

KFD147:
I replaced the SS guide rod and put the plastic one back in after I found the metal one pushing back the metal inside the frame. I don't have a picture of it right now but I will try to post one later when I can. I have put around 4k rounds through the pistol since I have owned the pistol and the previous owner put a little over 2k rounds.

Thanks
Jason 8)

Dewey:
Forgive the new guy (put the first 300 rounds through my new P01 today!) for bumping an older thread, but am I correct in assuming that this thread is referring to simple replacement of the plastic guide with a stainless steel unit? Are the same fears about the SS guide rod applicable to the DPM recoil system so many other threads are talking about?

Walt Sherrill:
The issue has never been concern about cracking slides.  The concern has been about the hard steel guide rod causing wear on the slide or receiver stop (where the end of the guide rod rests on the frame.)

CZ has always said that steel guide rods should not be used in the alloy-framed  compact guns.  (In fact, they've said that their use can void the warranty with regard to frame wear.)   

It's a warning I've posted any number of times.   

The message above is the first we've seen here that there can be negative consequences from using the steel guide rods in alloy guns.   This means that folks should keep their eyes open.

KFD147:
Sorry I took so long posting the pictures. Here are the pictures of the alloy being pushed back by the stainless steel guiderod.

Jason 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version