Author Topic: The CZ-ZONE: SP-01 PHANTOM PAGE!  (Read 67853 times)

Offline Dorkfish

Re: The CZ-ZONE: SP-01 PHANTOM PAGE!
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »
You guys are a BAD influence!    :o

I parted with a 52 and a 70, then picked up a P-07 Duty, now I've added a 75 Compact and of course...the Phantom was picked up today.

Offline MW surveyor

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
Good.  Someone else with a Phantom  :)  That means more people to share ideas with regarding the Phantom.

Offline Dorkfish

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
Good.  Someone else with a Phantom  :)  That means more people to share ideas with regarding the Phantom.

I'm already considering breaking out the gear and correcting that gritty trigger.  Now where's the stainless steel guiderod for this thing?
CZ really needs to put tritium night sights on these from the factory like they do on the SP-01 Tactical, so would have been worth an extra few bucks.

Offline Dorkfish

Re: A PHANTOM PAGE - GREAT!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »
Hi all ~
Well it took me awhile but I finally found your forum and what a relief.  I do have a Phantom (after having had 3 P-9s and 2 Witness's) and I need some help/info.  I will be back tonight to see if anyone has had time to respond.

First - I have to say I LOVE IT!  It is the slimmest, lightest hi-cap 9mm I have had and It has a light rail!  I think the problems I am having are going to be easily solved.  Only mods so far ( will follow w/pix as soon as I can) is taking a file to the grip to break all of the sharp edges.  (I still do not understand why the manufacturers put out grips with sharp edges and that stupid 3 LPI checkering like the XDs and Glocks.  Just plumb goofy.)  And took a safe-edged file to the rear sight to deepen the notch ... and turned that sight around so no more dots.  But I have multi 1911's from Micro to 6" to .243 (... yes, .243) and multi XDs, but I am on the eternal quest for the best.  I like LW and slim and a rail and the Phantom beats them all.  If the accuracy is at or better than the Witness, I could not ask for more.  But on to my questions ~

Problem 1 - the magazine release is not smooth and quite often will not fully engage to hold the magazine and the result is the magazine falls out while firing.  Anyone else encounter?  How do I remove it?
Problem 2 - if the Phantom is like the other SP01's, can I get rid of the decocker and have a safety?  Where do I go to buy the conversion parts?
Problem 3 - the SA trigger is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.  Tho I switched my other 75's over to SA, I plan to keep this as a DA.  Is the sear/hammer removal basically the same as for the knock-off 75s?

OK.  Better git.  Thanks.  Glad to see such a detailed site!

L8R  ~  E Mont

E Mont,

I had an issue today with my magazine release sticking.  Check yours empty to see if your mag release was hanging up.  After I worked it a few times it smoothed out the problem, but I'm going to soft-sand it a tiny bit .

Offline Dorkfish

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Phantom's on its way back to KC with a mag release hanging-up, a walking trigger pin, and a 3 position trigger squeak prior to engagement (might be resultant from the walking pin).  For those wondering about the squeak, after disassembling, look directly down on the frame where your trigger bar cuts across.  That's exactly where the squeak is.  The trigger bar is squeaking on the angled piece to the front and top of the magazine well that has a spring in it...it catches and releases 3 times before the trigger gets fully engaged.  Not sure what part it is per the exploded view, but it looks to be the sear or a sear disconnect.

Though I'm sad to have to do this, I'm also happy that I have the SP-01 Tactical to fall back on.

Offline Tomky

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
I just ordered a Bladetech holster, Teklok, I will let everyone know how it works when it comes in.  It will be about 2 weeks, I am eager to get a holster for my Phantom, I love this pistol. :)

Offline sparks701

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:52 PM »
Just bought a Phantom today, glad to see a section just for my gun to search and ask questions.
Doug

Offline sparks701

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 09:31:31 AM »
Picked up my Phantom last night, wow this thing is sexy. A little supprised on how heavy the DA pull is, but it will be mostly a range gun, so SA will be the mode of fire most of the time. I've dry fired in DA about 100 times, didn't see anything in the manual that says not to dry fire, anybody have any problems with dryfire with out snap caps?
Doug

Offline MW surveyor

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »
Sparks

I changed my main spring out to a 15# from Wolf springs.  Makes a big difference in the DA feel.  Also, the more you shoot it, the better it will get.

Would not recommended dry fire without a snap cap.  JMHO

Offline sparks701

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
Sparks

I changed my main spring out to a 15# from Wolf springs.  Makes a big difference in the DA feel.  Also, the more you shoot it, the better it will get.

Would not recommended dry fire without a snap cap.  JMHO
I think I will try the 15# spring, I also dug up some old snap caps and dry fired a couple hundred more times, not sure if the trigger is getting better or my hand is just getting used to the pull, but it feels lighter. How big of a difference does the 15# spring make? Is it really noticable? Thanks,
Doug
Doug

Offline MW surveyor

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »
Doug,

You will feel a noticable difference in the DA mode.  Not sure how much but it is there.
I also dry fired the pistol an untold number of times and this also seemed to help. 
It either is working the spring or I'm getting alot of exercise with my trigger finger.  ;D  BTW I keep the pistol at half cock and also have a DAO backup gun. So I like to use the DA on the Phantom to keep me in training.

Jim 

Offline sparks701

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »
Just ordered the 15# spring from wolff. Thanks for the help Jim.
Doug

Offline LVSteve

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2010, 01:43:55 AM »
For those who find the DA pull heavy, are you remebering that it normally starts from the half-cock position and have you tried the slimmer backstrap? I changed to the thin backstrap and it made a huge difference even though I have long fingers. It was almost like the heel of the palm on my strong hand was being pushed too far back with the big one.

Offline MW surveyor

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 08:20:54 AM »
LVSteve

I started with the thinner back strap, then to the thicker to see what the difference was.  After 50 rounds with the thicker, changed back to the thinner one and have left it on.  Gun operates and shoots better for me with the thinner one.  Have medium size hands and relatively short fingers.  I have a number of DA guns and while the stock spring was "ok", the reduced power 15# did make a difference.  As you are aware, the DA does not have to start from the half cock position.  You can put the hammer all the way down if you want to.  Then the DA starts from the most forward (hammer down) position.  Much longer and heavier inital pull.  That said, I normally go from the half cock for carry and at the range.

Offline nosram

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »
does wolff spring have a website?

anything