Author Topic: CZ 75 trigger slap  (Read 1871 times)

Frutex

CZ 75 trigger slap
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:02:39 PM »
Hey, I just got a CZ 75 B Tactical (Not the 'sport' one, the limited edition B with the green finish) yesterday, and I took it out and shot it.
While everything else went well, the pistol exhibited trigger slap. Your trigger finger would hurt after firing the gun. I let several other shooters try it and the agree.
Is this something that will go away as it breaks in, is it something I can fix, or do I need to send it back to CZ?

Thanks!

fiream29

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:33:19 PM »
Did you buy it new or was it used? Could the previous owner have attempted a trigger job and it went awry?
Fiream

Offline atblis

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
It could be perceived rather than actual.

Is the trigger black or silver?

Frutex

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:01:51 PM »
I did buy the gun used. Dosent look like its been worked on. However, Im new to CZs, so who knows?
Im at college now, but Ill look at the trigger when I go home soon. I remember reading that there was one version of the trigger that tended to not feel as good as the other, Im assuming thats what 'atblis' is reffering to; which is which?

Offline Stuart

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:06:37 PM »
the recurved trigger ( black ) tends to pinch people's finger.. I am lucky that it doesn't. The silver trigger is a little straighter and does not have that tendency.
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline atblis

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »
Yep.  There are two different triggers.  One is the older usually silver and IMO superior trigger.  The newer one is usually black, thinner and curved more.  I personally couldn't stand the newer style trigger.  I've swapped them out on all my guns..

However, I thought the tactical predates this change.

Offline elsolo75

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
My green CZ had the black curvy trigger, I prompty replaced with with the older style silver one.

Frutex

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
From memory I think mine had a black trigger, Im not sure until I look at it. Where might one find a silver trigger online? How hard is the replacment, is it something I can do on my own?

Offline elsolo75

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »
If I were to buy a new trigger, I would get the 85 trigger because it has an overtravel screw. I just used a leftover DA/SA trigger from a converted-to-SA only CZ.

Try CZ-USA or Angus, those are your best options. I would recommend a new trigger pin, they can get screwed up and having a spare is always nice, especially if you are allready ordering parts.

Offline atblis

CZ 75 trigger slap
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 01:58:39 PM »
It's slightly tricky.

You'll need to remove the sear block (easy enough).

The pin that holds the trigger in is the hardest part.  It is staked/flared on either side to hold it in place.  You need to unstake one side.  The easiest way I've found to do this is to drill out the staking.  Use a dril press if available (you can do it with a hand drill also).  Most likely you'll need to replace the pin, though sometimes you can restake them.  You can also replace it with a roll pin.

Some of the other pins in the trigger are also staked/tight.  I recommend having a set of decent punches for this part.

anything