Author Topic: P07 & P09 YouTube Reviews  (Read 122048 times)

Offline Bimmer1

P07 & P09 YouTube Reviews
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:36:57 AM »
I am not affiliated with this sales warehouse.  I decided to do a search tonight to see if anyone had posted any youtube videos on the P07 Duty and I found this one.

Not a bad little review!!!

[Mods changed thread title to match contents]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:46:13 PM by Wobbly »

Offline czechy58

Re: Found This P07 Duty Youtube Review
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Not a bad review at all. I share his concern about the front sight...seems a bit badly designed and manufactured. I also have issue with that funky combat sight that wants to be a target sight. CZ should have just used the same rear sight design as on the CZ-75, just in polymer, and offered metal night sights as an option (If you hear me night sight manufacturers...get on that). I did see two CZ P-07 Duty's at my local Academy Sports store...was tempted to pick it up, but I was low on funds temporarily...
Vz-58 Military Sporter
CZ-52
CZ-82

Offline nra-life-member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »
Wonder if they are going to sell this as new  ::)

Not a bad review at all..

Offline badge38

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
 Not a bad job for CZ ......  but it reminds me too much of that other pitstol the with the "G" letter!    :P  I chose CZ because they stand apart from the others ........
Sig Sauer 225, Equinox 220
Ed Brown  Massad Ayoob 1911
S&W M&P 9c, 642 Airweight

Offline phoenix79

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Other than the poly frame, the P-07 has little in common with the G-guns.The CZ is hammer-fired, has great ergonomics for everyone but people with the smallest hands, has real safeties (multiple), and fires DA/SA. The G-gun is striker fired, has horrible ergonimics for everyone, Only has that trigger safety, and becase its striker fired is DAO. You really can't have 2 more different polymer framed guns.

Offline badge38

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »
 phoenix ......... you are exactly right !  Nice to see a good CZ man.

Offline harbormaster

In response to P07 Duty Youtube Review
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

I bought a P-07 about 3 weeks ago. This is my first CZ gun. I've put about 400 rounds of various makes of ammo thro it with 1 jam. I've shot it at the indoor range of my gun club and have found it to be accurate and really comfortable to shoot......it's a gun that is a great pointer.....just feels right in the hand. The SA trigger pull is light and crisp. The DA is not heavy and awkward. The sights could be improved upon. I'd have preferred the matching of 3 white circles buy I can't say I didn't shoot my normal score. The recoil is very maneagable especially considering the weight of the gun. Prior to this P-07 I had been shooting .22 cal target guns and heavy caliber (.44 mag revolver and 7mm TCU) at silhouette targets out to 200 meters in the past. This is a fun gun to shoot and not so large so it can't be a decent conceal carry if you choose to use it for that.

Offline donnis

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum and to the CZ club.  ;D   The first CZ I ever held was a 75B.  Fell in love with it and when I saw and read the reviews of the P-07, I had to have one.  I put a couple of hundred rounds through it so far and love it.  It is a great gun and feels great in your hands. 

Happy shooting!

Donnis

Offline JoshuaC

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »
What the hell were they thinking when they designed that trigger guard?

Offline donnis

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
The Czech police use this gun.  It gets COLD in the Czech Republic.  This trigger guard is perfect for slipping a gloved finger into and being able to still control the trigger. 

Offline JoshuaC

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 03:37:01 AM »
The Czech police use this gun.  It gets COLD in the Czech Republic.  This trigger guard is perfect for slipping a gloved finger into and being able to still control the trigger. 

I guess you got a pretty good point there.

Offline badge38

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »
 Good point donnis ........

czprime

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »
I have had mine for a couple of months now.  Really nice gun and it is replacing my CZ-75 Compact for carry. Too bad the you tube reviewer know nothing about CZs, the CZ has been using the same front sight dovetail arrangement since the beginning and i never heard of the front blade falling out. Also I love the box and dot system they used. In Europe this is a more common set up, which is why it is also found on Glocks (which I hate with a passion).  I wish they had a deal with MMC/PT Nightsights to make the box and dot with tritium. 

Also the reviewer failed to mention that you can take out the assinine decocker and put in a standard thumb safety for SA use. The parts are included with the gun and it takes less then 5 minutes to do the swap.  Cool beans!!!

Anyway I love the gun and the Omega Trigger. 

Offline ZaakirAbdullah

• My Gun Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
Also the reviewer failed to mention that you can take out the assinine decocker and put in a standard thumb safety for SA use.

Speak for yourself, I like the de-cocker for carry reasons.
Saving my Pennies for a CZ P-07

Offline epwrangler

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
I love my new p07. As much as I prefer a larger caliber I will carry it until I get a 40 cal.

anything