Author Topic: P07 Magazine issues  (Read 194538 times)

Offline Studs

Re: P07 Magazine issues
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
eyabantusurvey

Thanks Kobus - you were right, a typing error on my behalf! The serial # is A831445 !! Anyone got issues with a pistol in this range??

My serial number is A893698 and every thing is fine. Like you I was concerned about possible problems and contacted CZ USA about magazines and bulges, they replied the problems had been fixed quite some time ago but did not give me a specific serial number or time frame.
Jack

Offline eyabantusurvey

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Thanks Jack. My pistol arrived about 2 weeks ago and I have fed it a mixed bag of ammo! It also ate some +p+ winchester HP rounds without any issues at all !! Holding thumbs but think I have a winner here!! Now to find a suitable - concielable holster! Cheers. Alex 

Offline Belizejet

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »
I have three mags and they all work great. The third one I got from CZ. Never had a mag problem or ammo problem and have put about 500 rounds through my P0-7 in the last few months. Got it in July so it is a B serial number (newer). I guess CZ got all the problems worked out. Also, BTW my buddy has a CZ75 compact and the mags fit the P0-7. It has a small gap at the bottom and feel kind of loose. However, they lock in and fed just fine. Also, they released with no problem. Unfortunately those mags are only a few bucks cheaper than the P0-7 mags so not really worth investing in.

I have found some accuracy problems with different kinds of ammo. I bought 100 rounds of Steller and Belloit 147 Grain FMJ sub sonic and it has proven VERY accurate. I wonder why it is more accurate than Winchester 115grain FMJ (Walmart stuff) and 123 grain reloads. It seems the the 147 grain Winchester JHP are also accurate. I am guessing the heavier ammo is more accurate in the P0-7 9mm. Anybody have anything to add or suggest. I would like to find the most affordable, most accurate ammo.

Offline bobster1983

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
I am looking for a second magazine for my P07 Duty, but unsure if the other CZ 75 9mm mags will work in this handgun. Could not find a listing for this application but others were availalbe. I would rather not order if I they don't fit.

Offline samhix

« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
just traded my son a glock 17 for a CZ 75 P07 duty and love it, but i guess its one of the first batch that had some of the magazine release defects and was wondering is internal or magazine itself. like i said love the way it shoots feels and carries better then my glock 17 but the issue with the mag release is a big concern of mine and was wondering if it was quick fix or can a gunsmith take care of it or should i just try to get use to it. any and all info will be appreciated.

Offline VA_Alex

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »
just traded my son a glock 17 for a CZ 75 P07 duty and love it, but i guess its one of the first batch that had some of the magazine release defects and was wondering is internal or magazine itself. like i said love the way it shoots feels and carries better then my glock 17 but the issue with the mag release is a big concern of mine and was wondering if it was quick fix or can a gunsmith take care of it or should i just try to get use to it. any and all info will be appreciated.
email CZ and they will probably replace it for free.

Offline MontanaCZ

« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
I have a P-07 Duty purchased new the summer of 2012, Serial B082XXX.  My son uses the pistol for competition, and currently around 3000 rounds of use.  The magazines (5 of them) no longer drop out of the pistol, and only a couple will even drop any amount when hitting the magazine release.  They did release fine when the pistol was purchased, and up until a couple of months ago. The farthest one will drop about 1/4" or so.  All of the magazines were purchased with the pistol, so they are all the same age, and are rotated so they are all close to the same usage.

For now I have simply started him using my 75B mags.  Not a perfect solution.  I am waiting on a reply from CZ as to what can be done.  I will say the P-07 is a great pistol; amazing at how accurate a compact can be for competition use.  I used it for a couple of 3 Gun matches, and I was very impressed.

ETA: Ok, I cleaned the pistol and magazines up good, then did some more playing around.  If you start to insert a magazine, right when it gets to the widest part (still at the bottom of the pistol), that is when you can feel the resistance.  All 5 of them do it, but to varying degrees.  I had thought it may be a mag spring issue, but from what I can tell starts much earlier than that.  Of the 4 that do it the worst, you can see where the finish has rubbed off the mag in that area on one side (left).

According to Jon at CZ, my S/N is well past when any of these issues should still be around, and I agree from reading here.  I sure am curious as to what is up.  Looks like it goes back to CZ..  My 11yo who uses this for competition is going to have to grunge it with my 75B for a while :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:28:30 PM by MontanaCZ »

Offline GregC63

« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2013, 09:32:15 AM »
Just got my P07, serial# B174674, Thursday and took it for its first range visit yesterday. Ran about 100-150 rounds through it. Both mags dropped out of the magwell flawlessly.

My only issue is that I can only get 15 rounds in one mag and 14 in the other. They are both clearly marked 16 on the last peep hole. I am assuming that the 16th will fit eventually, just need to leave the springs compressed for a while and they'll eventually fit.

Great firearm! Extremely happy with this purchase!

Offline MontanaCZ

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2013, 10:56:43 AM »
Greg,

Considering that the new magazines appear to be marked 15, I believe you should not try and fit 16 in there.  I am really starting to think that the magazines fitting 16 rounds is causing them to bulge right where the mag begins to taper in.  Until I hear from CZ about my pistol, I will continue to believe that. 

Offline PopQuiz

« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:56 AM »
Just paid for my CZ Duty and got a Serial number B20...and now I wait for my competency certificate and wait some more for my firearm license...quite sh** paying, seeing, holding your weapon and not allowed to take it home with you...frustrating!!

Offline kobus

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »
Just paid for my CZ Duty and got a Serial number B20...and now I wait for my competency certificate and wait some more for my firearm license...quite sh** paying, seeing, holding your weapon and not allowed to take it home with you...frustrating!!

this tells me you're in S. Africa.  ;) i know the feeling.
guns don't kill people. NINJAS kill people.

Offline MontanaCZ

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
Received my pistol back from CZ today.  I have always said that CZ has outstanding CS, and that continues to be true.  Quoted 3 to 6 weeks to get it fixed, back in 16 days..

I did find the fix interesting.  According to the sheet the bottom of the magwell was all chewed up from inserting magazines and that is what was causing the issues.  I can say I certainly did not see that, but then I was not looking for that either.  I can see where they smoothed it out.  They also replaced the magazines with the new style (I can't tell the new from my old ones).  They sure rocket out of there now.  I will keep an eye on this area now that I know what to look for.

So, keep the bottom of the magazine well in mind if your magazines start sticking..

Offline Jon_4130

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2013, 05:18:55 PM »
This may sound like a funny fix but has anyone tried to use a hairdryer (not heat gun, may be way to hot) to heat up the mag well & insert a mag to reshape the mag well? I had a problem after making an inside the waist band holster for my PO7. I heated up the kydex & put it & the gun in my press. I?m guessing the heat & the press pushed the grip panels in some & made the mag not want to come out after inserting. I didn?t have the mag in when I put it in the press. The grip panels are thin on the PO7. Therefore heat may cause the grip to deform enough for the mag to get sticky or just stuck. I tool the slid off & got out a hair drier. I heated up the mag well & crossed my fingers. The plastic heated up & popped in the mag & let it cool. I put the mag in & out a few times & worked fine again. I like the PO7 a lot & hope that is not going to be a problem again. I want a gun that works & I can count on. I do have a CZ75 & that thing works & like it a lot. If I keep having this problem it looks like I?ll be getting an M&P quicker then I was planning & have 1 less CZ. I do hope that?s not the case.
CZ po7 9mm
CZ 75 9mm
ATI 1911 45acp
Ciener 22 conversion for 1911

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
This may sound like a funny fix but has anyone tried to use a hairdryer (not heat gun, may be way to hot) to heat up the mag well & insert a mag to reshape the mag well? I had a problem after making an inside the waist band holster for my PO7. I heated up the kydex & put it & the gun in my press. I?m guessing the heat & the press pushed the grip panels in some & made the mag not want to come out after inserting. I didn?t have the mag in when I put it in the press. The grip panels are thin on the PO7. Therefore heat may cause the grip to deform enough for the mag to get sticky or just stuck. I tool the slid off & got out a hair drier. I heated up the mag well & crossed my fingers. The plastic heated up & popped in the mag & let it cool. I put the mag in & out a few times & worked fine again. I like the PO7 a lot & hope that is not going to be a problem again. I want a gun that works & I can count on. I do have a CZ75 & that thing works & like it a lot. If I keep having this problem it looks like I?ll be getting an M&P quicker then I was planning & have 1 less CZ. I do hope that?s not the case.

The grip area is thin on any plastic pistol I've ever handled, Glock, M&P, Springfield etc. You can squeeze the plastic together by hand so I don't think I'd be clamping any of them in any vise. Let's not draw parallels with actual defects and operator/owner mishandling.

Offline Jon_4130

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
If making a holster for my CZ is mishandling it I?m guilty. If you have ever seen how kydex holsters are made you would know what I?m talking about. I?ve never seen, herd or had any problems with making holsters for Glock, M&P or any of the others with there mage wells after making holsters for them. The press that you use has foam as well & shouldn?t damage or hurt anything. It?s not like cranking down in a bench vice. The heat is what caused that problem & heating up the mag fixed that problem for me. You can reform kydex with a little heat & I just figured I would try the same thing with the mag well & it worked. It was better then taking a file to the mag well or sending it back to CZ & having it fixed.
CZ po7 9mm
CZ 75 9mm
ATI 1911 45acp
Ciener 22 conversion for 1911