Author Topic: My CDI Sales CZ85  (Read 2604 times)

Offline rcbif

My CDI Sales CZ85
« on: September 18, 2016, 08:25:39 AM »
This is my first CZ, an 85 pre b from gunbroker CDI sales.

Other than being terrible with answering questions prior to buying (they didnt) the transaction went smooth. There was some comfort in the 3 day inspection, no restock fee return period. Of course they were great with communication - once they had my money....
It may have been different if I called them.

I wanted the 85 because I'm a lefty. Although initially I had an issue with the magwell mod, the mags now drop free - though I still need the flat mag brake as the original wont cooperate. I also have no fear of doing some work in the future if the RH slide lock breaks.

Its shoots great just low of center hold point of aim. I did have the slide lock open a few times half way thru a mag, but it may have been my grip. I also ordered the spring just incase.

The only things now I plan on doing is installing the 85 combat mag brake, painting the front sight, and new grips - either factory rubber, or some rosewood half checkered from ebay Thailand seller. Oh, also need mags. I'm thinking the flat bottom 16rd. Mcgar mags. I just picked up the 17rd mag so I could shoot quick and do the magwell mod.

A cool note - this one was born in 1989, same year as me, so we will age together  ;D

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:28:18 AM by rcbif »

Offline C.Helm

Re: My CDI Sales CZ85
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Cool   I'm thinking of getting one of the 75's from them.  Good to hear they are fair to deal with.   How is the condition of the 85?  As they described?

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
Hmm, they always respond to my emails.  Maybe they were having a busy day.  Anyway, that's a great 85 you have there.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline LittleJenny

• Girls Like Guns, Too
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 10:17:30 AM »
Sweet, a Czechoslovakian 85. ?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Offline rcbif

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »
Cool   I'm thinking of getting one of the 75's from them.  Good to hear they are fair to deal with.   How is the condition of the 85?  As they described?

Yes, it was as described. Nice mint bore, pretty clean inside, and finish wear you would expect from a carried often, shot little pistol.
They have a pretty good condition rating system for dealing with selling large lots of used firearms.

Forgot to mention the front sight was a few degrees off, but a smack with a punch luckily fixed that and it seems solid.

The front sight seems to be an issue on lots of the surplus pre-b's. Since they are staked and not readily available, pay close attention you aren't getting one that was used as a hammer....

Offline rcbif

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
Hmm, they always respond to my emails.  Maybe they were having a busy day.  Anyway, that's a great 85 you have there.

I've contacted them in the past about two other pistols with no response (so I passed on those), but with the decent condition of this one I decided to just go for it.

Offline Oldwolf

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 11:34:28 AM »
They sure have a lot of 75's for sale.
SP-01 Shadow Target Custom
75 SA

Offline rcbif

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »
They sure have a lot of 75's for sale.

Yep, seems they always have bundles of 75's and atleast 2-3 85's.

Forgot to mention, probably the best thing about the guns from CDI sales if that they have the import mark on the barrel. No billboard marking!

Offline osu84

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 09:11:04 AM »
I have been pretty happy with the 4 purchases I have made from them over the last 2 years. Always as described and cheap shipping!
Kevin Standfield
MSG, USA Ret
1/327 INF 101st ABN
Former Tulsa OK LEO
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
American Legion PUFL

Offline chimera8

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
Forgot to mention, probably the best thing about the guns from CDI sales if that they have the import mark on the barrel. No billboard marking!
I just bought a CZ Compact from them, it took me forever to find the import mark.
I have an EG Makarov I got from them in 2008(?), it was marked under the grip.
Not many importers will take the time to do disassembly just to make the gun a little nicer.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:54 PM »
Congratulations! Looks great!