Author Topic: P-07 Range Report 8/9/09  (Read 4936 times)

Offline 8th ID

Re: P-07 Range Report 8/9/09
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »
I did a thorough clean and lube the night before taking it out the first time. What I found odd was that the night before while doing a few dry fires, the same thing happened in SA. But it would occasionally fire in SA. Then while live firing it, the hammer never fell in SA.

I'm confident that CZ will take care of it, no problem. I'm not worried, I'm a little impatient, though.
CZ P-07 9mm
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline b-mac72

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
8th ID, where you shooting with the decocker in place or did you switch to the manual safety?  I experienced a similar problem with my P-07, but the first thing I did after receiving the gun was to remove the decocker and install the safety.  What I discovered was that the flat cut on the shaft of the safety that allows the sear to pivot forward when pulling the trigger was allowing the tab of the sear to rub on the safety bar.  This rubbing would not allow the sear to fully engage the hammer notch when cocked and also did not allow the sear to easily pivot forward to release the hammer.  I filed a small amount material off of the flat portion of the safety bar in order to eliminate the interference between the tab on the sear and the safety bar when the safety is in the fire position.  Everything works perfectly now and I just put 150 rounds through the gun yesterday.  If you are using the decocker, I am assuming that there may be a similar interference on the flat portion of the decocker bar.  Just a guess, though.

I called CZ and spoke to Matt.  They are sending me a new safety bar to see if I got a bad part from the factory.

Offline 8th ID

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
b-mac, Yea the decocker was still installed. Mine is at CZ now. Thanks for the post. Hopefully, I'll have it back soon. It's an accurate, sweet pistol.
CZ P-07 9mm
CZ SP-01 Phantom

anything