Author Topic: Question on NEA handguards  (Read 1052 times)

Offline hbsseller

Question on NEA handguards
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »
I just received a set of the NEA handguards from a vendor in Canada.  It did not nor come with any screws for the upper piece. Does anyone know i that's correct or if should have come with any hardware?

Offline RSR

Re: Question on NEA handguards
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:14 PM »
My Troy didn't come with screws, just the pin mechanism at the rear.

Offline Ned Kelly

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
Usually they come with the cross pin, and the two adjustment pins for the underside. What vendor?

Some info from Canada:

SparkofLight
I ran into this issue not too long ago and received this answer from boss351cleveland here:http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-size-of-these

Part#339-185, size 10-32X1/4 in a little spinning rack on a shelf in the bolt/screw section of Home Depot. I don't think a package of four was more than $2, which was nice

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:40:55 PM by Ned Kelly »

Offline hbsseller

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »
Appreciate the advice. I bought the handguards from Kelly's Sporting Goods in Canada. Shipping to the US was very fast.  The guys look like someone might have bough and returned them since I can see some fitting scratch marks and scratches on the bottom.  They are grey and I'll be painting them black, so no big deal.  But the pins for the lower are not in the box so I am reaching out to Kelly's to try and get them.  I have another question for those of you who already have these.  For the upper NEA handguard, I pulled out the cross pin and see there is a spring and a ball in the first hole the pin passes through when inserting the pin the guard.  Is there supposed to be a spring and ball in the other hole on the far side?  Because there is not on mind.

Offline RSR

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
Mine did not have one there.

I replaced the ball bearing in the far side with the standard VZ handguard plunger, and might consider adding the ball bearing to that location now that I know what size is for those cup screws are...

That said, my top handguard doesn't move and maintains POA upon reassembly. 

And the front screw hole actually does a good job at helping w/ ventilation w/o a pin in there.

Offline SlimPickens

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 01:00:28 AM »
I have these handguards and can verify that they do not come with a pin for the lower handguard.  You just use the existing factory handguard pin.  I just checked my upper handguard and there is no spring and ball in the second hole.  Just the first.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:56:58 AM by SlimPickens »

Offline rbgonoles

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
I have the NEA upper. Spring and ball one side only. My VZ2008 cross pin inserted so tight I ended up not using the spring and plunger I bought as a replacement for the spring and ball the shot across the room upon disassembly. I also spray painted it black to match.