Author Topic: New Member from California's Central Valley  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Gary13

New Member from California's Central Valley
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
Recently got back into shooting, starting with a Ruger MIII 22/45, then looked for a 75b SA in 9mm.  When I could not find one, I ended up getting a FNP9.  I like it, but I still wanted a CZ. 

Recently I found a SP01, got it at a reasonable price, and now waiting for my 10 day to end next week.  Looking forward to possibly doing some competing, though I should have checked beforehand and seen that the CP01 is too heavy for IPDA without modifications. 

I also own a new Savage 17HMR in stainless and thumbhole stock, a Marlin 60 which I got over 30 years ago, a Remington Semi Auto Shotgun in 20g from the 50's that belonged to my Grandmother, and a Enfield British 303 from WWII that my dad purchased after the war to hunt deer with.

Looking forward to learning more about my new CZ.
Gary
CZ SP01

Offline BrieH43

Re: New Member from California's Central Valley
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
Hi!  I'm new and sorta in the same area...
This place is great for new CZ owners (i'm a new owner myself)
Proud owner of a CZ75 SP-01

Offline dusty10

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
Welcome to the CZ forum Gary13.  Post pics of your SP-01 when you can.  You might be able to sell it here should you decide you need a different pistol to compete.  Happy Shooting,  Dusty
"When people are universally ignorant and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."   Samuel Adams

Offline KFD147

• Hammer Down Sports
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »
Welcome to the board. I did not have to modify mine too much for IDPA. You might be surprised how little it takes.

Jason 8)

www.hammerdownsports.com
Copperas Cove Pistol Club Member
Temple Gun Club Pistol Match Director
Capital Area Practical Shooters (CAPS) Member
USPSA Member
CZ-USA supporter

Offline Gary13

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 08:00:43 PM »
Welcome to the CZ forum Gary13.  Post pics of your SP-01 when you can.  You might be able to sell it here should you decide you need a different pistol to compete.  Happy Shooting,  Dusty

I have no interest in ever selling.  It will work for USPSA I believe, which will be enough.
Gary
CZ SP01

Offline Gary13

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »
Welcome to the board. I did not have to modify mine too much for IDPA. You might be surprised how little it takes.

Jason 8)

I saw some info on doing the mods.  Do the mods disqualify you from shooting any where else?
Gary
CZ SP01

Offline KFD147

• Hammer Down Sports
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
I don't believe so. All I did was trim the mag brake, replace the loop mainspring plug, you can use the hard plastic grips or order a new lightweight set from Marschall grips and I use the factory 19rd mags.  With this setup I make under 39ozs.

Jason 8)

www.hammerdownsports.com
Copperas Cove Pistol Club Member
Temple Gun Club Pistol Match Director
Capital Area Practical Shooters (CAPS) Member
USPSA Member
CZ-USA supporter

Offline FormerJarhead

• Livin' outside the wire.....
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Recently got back into shooting, starting with a Ruger MIII 22/45, then looked for a 75b SA in 9mm.  When I could not find one, I ended up getting a FNP9.  I like it, but I still wanted a CZ. 

Recently I found a SP01, got it at a reasonable price, and now waiting for my 10 day to end next week.  Looking forward to possibly doing some competing, though I should have checked beforehand and seen that the CP01 is too heavy for IPDA without modifications. 

I also own a new Savage 17HMR in stainless and thumbhole stock, a Marlin 60 which I got over 30 years ago, a Remington Semi Auto Shotgun in 20g from the 50's that belonged to my Grandmother, and a Enfield British 303 from WWII that my dad purchased after the war to hunt deer with.

Looking forward to learning more about my new CZ.

Welcome Gary!!

Lots of good info here! I'm a new CZ owner (currently have a 75D PCR) and I LOVE IT! My next gun will be a 75B SA.

I was born, raised and lived most of my life in Fresno. In 2004, I moved to a more gun-friendly state...Texas.

Cheers!!