Author Topic: Just another progress report  (Read 1960 times)

Offline tnshooter

Just another progress report
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »
I've had my P-07 for a couple months now. Been to the indoor range twice, but have only put 200 rounds downrange. Here's what I've experienced so far... The first trip was only 75 rounds. The magazines don't drop free, but I prefer that so I don't end up with dented mags...no biggie. The slide failed to lock back on the empty mag a couple of times, but that could be in my grip...although I'm not sure about that. I was shooting Remington UMC 115 grain FMJ's, and I was very impressed how accurate they were. Had no FTF's or FTE's, so I call that a successful outing. Second trip was 125 rounds of WWB and PMC 115 grain FMJ's. No problems while I was shooting, other than the slide not locking back a couple of times. The gun did have a couple of FTE's when my wife and step-daughter were firing, but I'm attributing that to what I call "limp-wrist itis" because they are both rookies to shooting. Otherwise, another very successful outing. My next trip will be in about a week, as I will be taking the CCW class so I can start carrying it. I bought a Don Hume paddle holster from a local gun shop...it's not an exact fit, but it does the job. I think it was made for a Glock 21, but it seems to do the trick. Well, I'll let you know what happens next time around...take care everyone.
Bersa Thunder CC .380
Kahr CW9
CZ P06
CZ P07 Duty 9mm
SA XD40 4" Bi-Tone
SA 1911A1 Range Officer .45 ACP
Sig Sauer 1911 C3 .45 ACP
S&W M&P 15-A 5.56
Remington 870

Offline CZ75BRocks

Re: Just another progress report
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
The failure of the slide to lock back may be connected to the magazine free falling.  The magazine is supposed to drop free on a P-07.  The magazine issue is a frame dimension issue.  This may explain the failure to lock back.  My P-07 had the fail to drop issue, though not the lock back issue.  I called CZ-USA ( they supplied the shipping container and paid for the return shipping I had to pay for the return or vice versa ). I explained I was leaving for the Sandbox. CZ-USA had it back in ~5 Calendar days.  They sent me a brand new gun!! I dealt with Adam. CZ-USA has the best Customer Service! 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »
i would concur, call 1-800-955-4486, and they will take care of you, sir!

Offline tnshooter

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
I appreciate the info. I guess I'll go ahead and give them a call and get the process started. Hopefully it won't take months like it has for some of the others out there. I do love the gun, and I trust that they will make it right.
Bersa Thunder CC .380
Kahr CW9
CZ P06
CZ P07 Duty 9mm
SA XD40 4" Bi-Tone
S&W M&P 15-A 5.56
Remington 870

Offline donnis

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:44:18 AM »
Definitely get the gun fixed if it is mechanical.  I tend to agree that the FTE might be because someone jerked their wrist while firing.  I have a friend whose wife did that and jammed a glock every single shot. 
Check you grip and make sure you are not "fat thumbing" it on the mag release button.  My daughter did that and the slide did not lock back for her on the last round.

Hope it works out well for you and you get your gun in perfect order.  They are so much fun to shoot.

Offline tnshooter

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »
Spoke to Scott at CZ today. Got a return authorization number and will be sending the P-07 back to them first thing next week. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Bersa Thunder CC .380
Kahr CW9
CZ P06
CZ P07 Duty 9mm
SA XD40 4" Bi-Tone
S&W M&P 15-A 5.56
Remington 870