Author Topic: YEE HAH!, I Bought that "Transitional"  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Radom

• HGWT
YEE HAH!, I Bought that "Transitional"
« on: October 09, 2002, 07:22:16 PM »
I really couldn't afford another gun right now, but I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.  This is exactly how credit card companies stay in business (ouch).  

Got the Action Arms "transitional" that I have been talking about lately.  Guess what?  It came with one original hicap (a Mec-Gar) and a "mystery hi-cap."  What is the finish on this baby?  Enamel?  Poly?  It's not the same as the poly used on current production guns.  

Sure, I would like a true "A" some day, but I actually think I will prefer the transitional.  I am used to the square triggerguard.  I wish I could get my guns as clean as this one.  I would swear it was unfired, except I know that the original owner put 200-300 rounds through it.  

This gun was owned by an acquaintance (he belongs to the "other" range), who owns so many guns that he never mentioned it to me...aaarrgghh!  I had to pay more due to the gun store playing the role of middleman, but this fellow sure wouldn't have taken the FEG GKK.  I actually think I came out ahead in the long run.  The GKK was O.K., but I had moved on to other Eastern European .45s.  (Gee, I wonder which one I'm talking about, hahaha).  

Hakan may be getting some business from me.  

I am on such a natural freakin' high right now!!!!!!!  I haven't been this excited about a gun since the 97B.    

P.S.  I forgot that Brian was not the "original owner."  At any rate, it can't have been shot much.  
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline SACamp

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 03:54:32 AM »
Hello.  Sounds good!  Let us know how it shoots.

Best.

cz40va

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 05:29:06 AM »
Always nice to hear from a happy customer. Keep us posted.