Author Topic: CZ 82 ???  (Read 9007 times)

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
Re: CZ 82 ???
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
WOW!! I can't wait to see pics!

Makarov.com recommends this holster:
http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/leather-gun-holsters/concealment-holsters/94-it-20p.html

I have one.  It's very nice.  My only complaint is that the belt loop snaps could be stronger. 

The only other thing I would recommend is a 18 lb recoil spring from Wolf.  The stock 14 lb spring lets the slide hammer the frame which turns the web of your right hand red.  The 18 lb spring softens this impact greatly while not making the slide pull too intolerable.

The gun is a real shooter.  You'll be able to make crazy small groups with it without much effort.

Offline billjohnso20

• Pistol Packin' Preacher
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »
Thanks for the holster recommendation.

Well, here's the pics. Some are a little grainy because of my camera phone.

This is the entire combo. The slight scratch on the front of the holster was made by the gun. My buddy said when he opened the box, the two mags and the bore brush were on the holster and the gun was loose in the box. It looks like the rear sight caused this scratch.

The only thing "wrong" with this gun was the sights. I had to remove the old sight paint from the rear sight, clean, and repaint them. The front sight was all black so I added the white paint so I could see it while aiming.

As you can see the finish is uniform without any blotches. The next four photos clearly show what few wear spots the finish actually has.

The trigger has little to no wear as can be seen here. I've done a bit of dry fire that has actually caused most of the wear you see.

The hammer interface in the slide isn't even polished as happens over time when a gun is fired. In fact the only "wear" on the hammer is the front edge where it contacts the slide. The result is a shiny thin line on that edge. There is none of the wear at all on the hammer as I've seen on other 82s.

Both mags are flawless and have the CZ crossed sword mark on them.

The CZ stamp on the brand new holster.

This is by far the best CZ 82 I've seen. What kills me is the number of 82s on Gun Broker are much higher in price than this one was and have a great deal of wear.

So, what do y'all think? I got a fantastic little beauty didn't I?  8)
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Offline divn4$

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
 Very nice, I have two close but not that nice.

Offline Moondo

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
Nice Pics, the picture that has the two magazines brings up a question. Can anyone tell me about the different size bases? The 82 I received this week had one thick and one thin base as well.

Offline czgusso

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »
I got one in similar condition a couple months back from AIM. Today I also got a pristine EG Makarov...just had to share that. I'm giddy about how nice the gun I received today looks. I love both the CZ 82's and Maks.

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 12:54:56 AM »
Nice finish on that pistol!

The holster (marked CZ 75/85) does work for that pistol. The 82's trigger guard ia just a tad too long for the holster. I found by fitting the pistol and snapping the thumbreak, keep the pistol holstered when not in use and it will fit for use.

I I have an older Safariland G-91(?) police holster I just picked up in the used bargain box at my uniform/police supply store. It fits great for a duty holster style piece of equipment. I will have to post some pics soon.

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline fullerb1

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
that is one nice looking '82. Mine was in no where near that good of condition finish wise. it does shoot flawlessly though.
I have a CZ and some other guns.
I really want to have more. That's not a bad thing.

Offline big 54r

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »
Very nice looking cz 82.
I just got mine and it was beat all to heck as far as finish.
It showed/had some serious holster wear.
I plan on shooting it for the 1st time thius weekend after I get off work.
I will be getting another. :P

Offline peshikthe

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »
i love my cz82 it is by far the sweetest shooting pistol i have ever had and it is completely reliable and the finish on mine was worn in the usual spots but i carry mine so im ok with normal wear. ii is very accurate and has very few weak points and the parts are readily availible. you will not be sorry for getting a cz82.

Offline trailblazer02

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
thank you folks...i intend to get an 82 & an 83 as soon as i get my two current layaways paid off. then, i can start on the rest of the CZs i'd like to have.

i appreciate all the input very much,
   trailblazer
USAF Vet, 1966-1970. The MCDONNELL/DOUGLAS F-4, the original badass jet fighter.

Looking for a CZ

anything