Author Topic: CZ 82 at the range  (Read 2113 times)

Offline tf34mech

CZ 82 at the range
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:01:46 AM »
I finally got the chance to take my CZ 82 to the range and here's what I found out.  Brown Bear ammo was accurate and fed well.  Wolf Classic ammo was nearly as accurate but I had to pull the trigger twice on several rounds. (Hard primers?)  And Sellier and Bellot was the least accurate (way low) and had a muzzle flash that rivaled my 52 but it fed well.  I also had a problem with the trigger; it would not stay back after firing a round so I essentially had to fire double action I could cock it manually and it would stay back. 

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
Re: CZ 82 at the range
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:37:58 AM »
Try some Silver Bear ammo next time and see how your gun performs. i have great operation with Silver Bear in my '82. I plan on trying some Hornady next time also, do you have experience with Hornady in any surplus pistol?

Thanks,

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline fullerb1

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
I agree with NVCV. Silver bear ammo works great and is pretty inexpensive. I have never had a problem with it feeding in my '82.
I have a CZ and some other guns.
I really want to have more. That's not a bad thing.

Offline drnickels

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »
Fiocchi ammo works quite well as well.

Love it in my CZ-82

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:05:34 AM »
As drnicholls says Fiocchi is good ammo, haven't tried it in 9x18 yet, but other calibers have been very good for me.

Fullerb,
I found Silver Bear to shoot a bit on the dirty side, but I have seen dirtier ammo. What have been your experiences? Could be I am shooting out of a new (to me) gun, and haven't completely cleaned it as well as I thought. But I do think the barrel and receiver was dirtier than I expected.

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline fullerb1

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »
I have found it to be a little dirty...a little. I shot some Barnaul(sp?), the kind with the guy firing one handed on the box, and after 2 magz my whole right hand was covered in soot. It looked lik I was a coal miner. SO in that respect the Silver Bear is a lot cleaner. I have shot some S & B and some Hungarian ammo called MSF (it was labelled +P but I doubt this) I think. They were great. the thing is this little gun seems to cycle everything Clean dirty doesn't matter. Even after the dirty ammo it cleaned very easy. I love my 82.
I have a CZ and some other guns.
I really want to have more. That's not a bad thing.

Offline dundeal

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »
I've used Brown Bear FMJ, Silver Bear JHP and Fiochi FMJ. Had one jam with the Silver Bear (HP) and that was after about 40 rds. That, I was told, wasn't uncommon and had more to do with the round than the weapon... the hollow points from Silver Bear not being uniform and having a tendency to stick on the ramp. Have run another hundred or so of them through it without a repeat. Just keep the ramp clean. (I've found the 'Bears' to be excellent smoke and soot producers, but I think that just adds to the fun.) By far, I liked the Fiochi above the others. Fires cleaner (not a big issue to me, but certainly a valid observation) and, taking the shooter into consideration, the most accurate of the three. Also the most expensive... Have yet to try Winchester or Federal or Wolf. Price wise, if I'm going to the range and expect to go through a hundred rounds, I'll stick with the Brown Bear. Cheap, available, and goes "bang" every time I pull the trigger. A friend of mine likes the Wolf, but it's also a brand I've heard a lot of criticism about... primarily smoke and smell. Again, that's not an issue to me but I've heard other gripes about its reliability. Never witnessed that firsthand. Another round I've never tried and probably never will is Blazer. The range I use has banned it, and I hear that's the route mose indoor ranges are taking. They don't want aluminum casings and feel they're unsafe. Haven't heard any horror stories about them, but they must be out there, somewhere. I do plan on trying the Winchesters and Federal someday, and am really interested in the Glaser blue or silver ball. The price of the Glaser is a bit prohibitive, but for self defense (I don't carry anyhoo...) it seems the best bet for 9mm. Enjoy that 82, and please do try and wear it out in your lifetime.

Offline olydraft

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
Just got mine a couple weeks ago and picked up a couple boxes of silver bear jhp but haven`t had a chance to shoot it yet. I did get out the trusty dremmel tool and put a nice mirror polish on the feed ramp, it`s slicker than an ice skating rink, hoping to avoid any FTF problems. Hope it does the trick.

Offline obxned

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
Tried several brands and now shoot mainly Silver Bear 95g JHPs - very accurate and 100% reliable in my pistol.  The price isn't bad either.

anything