Author Topic: have some questions about the cz82  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Arik

have some questions about the cz82
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »
I've been eyeing some 9x18 pistols and I've noticed that the CZs seem very nice for the money. I saw one at a gun show and it fit realy nice in my hand and had a great feel to it. My problem, and question, is that I'm a lefty. No I'm used to shooting right handed firearms so thats not a problem. The problem is that I have a CZ75 Compact and although I rely like the gun I dont like how it ejects the casings. They tend to hit me in the face area and most of the time go down my shirt (HOT!!!) The cz82 seems to have the same ejection port, does it eject the same way/ into the same area?

Offline sbroomheadsr

Re: have some questions about the cz82
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
Until I replaced my recoil spring with a heavier one, the casings would ricochet off the ceiling and the walls (indoors) with great force.  They only hit me on the rebound, so to speak.  The new recoil spring helped quite a bit.
sbroomheadsr
a.k.a. Grim Sweeper

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »
The casings go to the right about as fast and far as the bullet :-)

Offline Frank53

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »
The casings go to the right about as fast and far as the bullet :-)

+1 on the way mine ejects. Nice pistola..get one.you won't regret it..
Guns Cause Crime Like Forks Cause Rosie To Be Fat

Offline ejs

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
The casings do eject energetically, but is a good pistol for a lefty, both the safety and magazine release are ambidextrous.  Feels great in either hand.

Cheers, Eric
(a fellow lefty)

Offline drnickels

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Mine flings my casings out of the right side about a good 13-15 feet.

The gun has ambi safety and ambi mag release. It's a nice gun for folks who are southpaws.

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »
I've been eyeing some 9x18 pistols and I've noticed that the CZs seem very nice for the money. I saw one at a gun show and it fit realy nice in my hand and had a great feel to it. My problem, and question, is that I'm a lefty. No I'm used to shooting right handed firearms so thats not a problem. The problem is that I have a CZ75 Compact and although I rely like the gun I dont like how it ejects the casings. They tend to hit me in the face area and most of the time go down my shirt (HOT!!!) The cz82 seems to have the same ejection port, does it eject the same way/ into the same area?

I looked at an 82 several months back, and like you, as soon as I held it, I knew I wanted it. Love it! The first time shooting it I put about 60 rounds through it. Found only 2 casings.

This led me recently to buy a CZ PCR. bleep, I love these pistols. Your Compact 75, is it a PCR?

Have fun. Invest in burn ointment for your chest...  ;D

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline dundeal

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:21:35 AM »
There is certainly no danger in slipping on casings piled around your feet when putting a hundred rounds through an 82. If I have a gripe about ejection, it's that at the range I go to the casings bounce off the lane divider to my right and hit me in the face on the rebound. Had one go down the back of my shirt one time. Yep, hot! T'me, that's all just part of the charm of these li'l beasties. I love the bleep thing and wish I had a dozen of them.

Offline YukonCharlie

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
I have two now. I love these little guns. Why would anyone buy a Ruger or Kel-tec 380 when these guns are

a hundred dollars cheaper all steel, hold 12 rounds and shoot everytime.

Offline sbroomheadsr

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
I have two now. I love these little guns. Why would anyone buy a Ruger or Kel-tec 380 when these guns are

a hundred dollars cheaper all steel, hold 12 rounds and shoot everytime.
I whole-heartedly agree.  I, also, have two and would not mind getting a third.  These became my carry pistols.

Offline gandog56

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:28 AM »
I just got one, and I do agree. They just feel NICE in my hand. Recoil is not too bad. But it does fling the brass.

anything