Author Topic: How does one carry the CZ-82?  (Read 11508 times)

Offline fonejac

Re: How does one carry the CZ-82?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
IIRC, the CZ dis-assembly chart refers to this part as an "Automatic Safety. It will not fire unless the trigger is pulled, as was posted above by PTGT_Neon. Good explanation. You can also insert a round in the chamber without a mag, close the slide, let the hammer down easy and then insert the mag.... thus you have 12+1. If you so desire, cock with safety on or hammer down without the safety on. It's no different then carrying a revolver. The gun can be dropped on the hammer without firing the round. PROVIDED ALL THE INTERNAL PARTS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION.. The trigger must be back in order for the hammer to strike the firing pin.

Offline big 54r

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 04:08:45 AM »
I haven't carried the 82 yet (it still needs some work).  But I would carry condition 2.  cocked and locked makes me nervous.  Besides, both the DA and SA on my 82 are just sublime!  I wouldn't carry condition 3 either because pulling that slide with an 18 lb spring can be too much work if I need to use it.  The Phantom I carry in condition 3.

PT I just ordered my 1st cz 82...I'm curious what type of work does the cz-82 need done to it to make it right for you?
All the ones I've sen others with worked right outta the box but many have gotten them refinished....

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
Mine worked right out of the box too.  The simple things to do would be to get a 16# or 18# recoil spring from Wolf.  Or get their spring kit for the 82.  I might also suggest replacing the main spring with one from CZ-USA. 

Here's a good page on the assembly of the 82/83
http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz-82-disassembly.html

If you want to go that far, just smooth out all the friction surfaces as best you can before refinishing it.

Offline SleazyRider

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »

My brace of CZ-82s, both working just fine right out of the box:

Offline Warrior_Rider

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »
I carry daily my CZ82 and do so in "condition one", or more properly called cocked and locked.  Having been trained with a .45 auto as a Marine Corps officer beginning in 1968 I feel very comfortable carrying my pistol in this manner.  That is how I carried it in Viet Nam.  I hate trying to move from double action to single action.....is it not better to have the trigger pull for all shots, especially the first shot, being exactly the same!

For me, cocked and locked is the only way to go, and that is why I believe all pistols capable of firing the first shot as single action ought to have the hammer back and the safety engaged.  Oh, by the way, the action of drawing the pistol can easily be mastered to include a sweep of the safety lever downward with the thumb during the presentation of the pistol.

--Warrior_Rider

Offline skucera

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 12:29:33 AM »
I don't own a CZ 82, so I didn't realize that it allowed cocked and locked carry.  That is cool.  I assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that it would decock when placed on Safe like a Walter PP or PPK or a Makarov.  Now I'm curious about looking at a CZ 82 myself. 

Hmmm, when's that next gun show?  Will my tax refund check arrive in time?

Scott

Offline darwinlee

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »
Cocked and locked. I like a consistent trigger from shot to shot.  Shot placement is just as important as getting the shot out, and that first long DA trigger pull always makes me pull my first shot a couple inches.  And that could mean missing a vital organ or part of  central nervous system on the first shot, and that might be the only shot I have a chance to get off.

The only reason I see for the DA trigger pull is for a second strike option.  And thats kinda useless cause if it doesn't go off the first time, its probably not gonna go off a second.  Better just to eject that cartridge and squeeze off on the next. 

Offline Fastcast

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:21 AM »
Yea, the cocked and locked is kind of what intrigued me about the CZ82......I always liked SA pistols......I have kind of got use to the DA/SA with the Beretta 84 I posted about in the other thread.  The 84 does not allow C&L you can only carry it with the hammer decocked. 

I was kind of figuring on carry the 82 C&L but after playing with it a bit it does seem the safety disengages rather easily so I'm maybe having second thoughts.  :-\   The extra grip safety on a 1911 is kind of comforting, knowing if the safety accidentally gets swiped, there's something else there.  How's C&L going for the guys carrying their 82 that way?  Has there been any.....aaaah, how did that safety get swiped off moments when un-holstering?  :o

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »
nice pistols and great choice of reading material. I often recommend "The Book of Two Guns". People say "But I don't own a 1911 or AR". I tell them to shut up and read it anyway, they will learn alot.

NVCZ

My brace of CZ-82s, both working just fine right out of the box:

Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline Witness~match

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 08:13:17 PM »
Con 2.

Also, the Fobus MAK-1 works perfect.

Offline billjohnso20

• Pistol Packin' Preacher
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
I just got my 82 and haven't had the opportunity to shoot it or carry it yet. However, I carry all my guns in condition 2. I don't own a 1911 yet. When I do get one, it will not be one of my carry guns for that same reason. Of course, YMMV.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Offline big 54r

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
I just got my CZ 82 and haven't shoot it yet to determine if I will use it as a ccw exclusively  or to see how I will carry if I do use it as ccw.

If all goes well maybe condition 2.

Offline peshikthe

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
ive practiced pulling  and firing my cz82  in the decocked condition 2 and with practice you can draw and fire accurately, but you have to practice in the mode/condition that you carry.

Offline fonejac

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
If you were carrying a sa/da revolver, how would you draw and fire?

Offline SleazyRider

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 05:44:16 PM »
It depends on the distance and circumstance. Up close and personal, double action no doubt; at a distance where more accuracy is needed, I'd probably thumb cock it, assuming I had the time.