Author Topic: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)  (Read 152828 times)

Offline ComradePie

Re: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »
Ah. On the butt plate. I *think* mine says "BL" (for 1998), but it is so worn down that it's hard to say. If you guys knew what I paid for this thing, you'd probably laugh me out of town haha! I sure love it though. This won't be my last Witness. I'm going to have to buy a new one just to make sure that I'm looking in the right place for the code...  :o

Offline Midnight_Express

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 01:04:30 AM »
the one I posted has the date code stamped right above the trigger guard.  I found a better pic of the location. I think some were stamped under the grip area, but I may be thinking of another gun.

Offline ComradePie

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
Yours is so clear! Mine is on the butt, but it looks like it's been, for lack of a better term, painted over. I haven't seen enough guns with the wonder finish to know what it should look like, but after I get this re-finished, you likely won't be able to see those stamps at all.

I thought getting this Witness would sate the desire for them for a while. I'm finding that now I'm already looking for my next one.  O0

Offline Midnight_Express

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
I thought getting this Witness would sate the desire for them for a while. I'm finding that now I'm already looking for my next one.

yeah, one firearm  purchase usually leads to others rather than deter it. I tend to buy different makes and models though.

Offline TenToGo

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »
My 10mm Match has a CH datestamp, SN is EA608xx.

I hate the accessory rail.

Offline natgas

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 10:02:33 AM »
My TZ that I just picked up was born in October, 1983; it's in outstanding condition

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
My TZ that I just picked up was born in October, 1983; it's in outstanding condition

Welcome to the Clone Section of Cz Firearms.us!  :)

Be sure to post a thread (with pics) about it!  We would love to hear about it!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline natgas

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
Here is my TZ; picked it up a week ago for what I think was a good price. Serial # indicates it was made in 1983 and this was confirmed by Tanfoglio as October, 1983, being sold in November, 1983. Serial # is 00300 so I don't really know if that means it was one of the first 300 or just for that particular year.

I think it's in fantastic condition but I haven't had the opportunity yet to actually put any rounds downrange.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 02:04:27 AM »
With the exception of the Frames bluing gone a bit purple, it looks to be in very very good condition.  This Pistol is of the very first generation.  Only shoot standard power level ammunition in it as the metallurgy of the day has a bit more nickel in it, making some a bit on the softer side.

Grips are custom/aftermarket made and not stock.  Very nice Grips, too!

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline natgas

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
Thanks for the info; I also have the original grips but I prefer these that came off a previously owned CZ40 that I wish I still had!

Can't wait to get this to the range

Offline Bear123

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »
My newly acquired  BTA90  with an AU date code. Condition is near mint. Not to familiar with the quality of these guns. It seems solid as a rock though. Well balanced in the hand. I wanted a CZ Compact but could not find one anywhere.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »
Very Nice Compact TA90!  8)  Yours is a Series 88 Transitional.  Very similar to my Series 88 Compact TA90.  You'll find it to be very accurate, reliable, and quite durable.  :)

Offline Bear123

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
Thanks for the info . About what year was it made ? 89,90 ? Might get a chance to shoot tomorrow. I don't see many for sale. I am sure they made a bunch though.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »
Thanks for the info . About what year was it made ? 89,90 ?

You are most Welcome!  :)

Email Tanfoglio with the Serial Number and they can tell you exactly when it was made and exported.

Offline wolverine_173

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »
bump

anything