Author Topic: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)  (Read 152803 times)

Offline MrElk2

Re: What year was your Italian CZ clone made? (Italian date codes)
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
I have a TZ-75 Government model  shows on manual model 88  but also model TZ9GVTB serial #H351##   Just trying to get some info on it first time posting have original box and case looks hardly used I have maybe 200 rounds through it fires great and on target
This is a compact model if that helps
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:12:08 PM by MrElk2 »
TZ-75 Government Compact

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2019, 08:13:25 PM »
I have a TZ-75 Government model  shows on manual model 88  but also model TZ9GVTB serial #H351##   Just trying to get some info on it first time posting have original box and case looks hardly used I have maybe 200 rounds through it fires great and on target
This is a compact model if that helps

Email Tanfoglio directly through their site with the Serial Number and they can give you more info, such as a date of Manufacture and shipping.

The Tz75 Government Pistols are Series 88 Pistols, very well made, reliable, and accurate.
They are considered a bit collectible by serious Tanfoglio Pistol Collectors.

Congratulations and may it serve you well!  8)  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2019, 02:53:14 PM »
I’m new here and to forums in general so please forgive me as I learn. Hi, my name is—— and I’m addicted to CZ clones. I recently purchased a Tanfoglio “THE ULTRA”-“IPSC APPROVED” made between 1989-1992. As far as I understand 2000 total were made between 1986-1992. She came with both a 41AE and 9mm ported barrel, 3 of each caliber mags, 2 captured recoil spring/guide rods and 2 separate recoil springs and guide rods. I’m assuming this gun was used in actual competitions but is in extremely good shape. There are no importer marks anywhere I can find. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell exactly what year it was made in because it doesn’t have a date code. I’ll post pics ASAP.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
There are no importer marks anywhere I can find. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell exactly what year it was made in because it doesn’t have a date code. I’ll post pics ASAP.

Originally, these were imported by the now defunct FIE Corporation, which later became part of EAA.  The Date Code should be a part of the Serial Number.
Email Tanfoglio directly through their site with the Serial Number and they can give you more info, such as a date of Manufacture and shipping.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2019, 02:23:20 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Ok so I guess being a combination of hard chrome (silver) frame and poor lighting I missed the date code of 1990, [AZ]. But again I gave the entire gun a thorough search and I could not find an importer mark anywhere on it. I removed the grips, checked both barrels and inspected the inside of the frame. Nothing. The first pic is one I took, the second is from the ad where I purchased it from. I cropped out the last two digits of the serial #.
[][/img][][/img]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:23:34 PM by Gunnerdad80 »

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »
jwc007: I’ve seen ones with FIE’s markings on the left of the frame but you see there’s nothing on mine. Honestly I was so excited that I found one for sale, not to mention it was only a 1.5 hr drive to get it. I wonder if it was purchased overseas and then shipped here by the owner.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »
There are no importer marks anywhere I can find. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell exactly what year it was made in because it doesn’t have a date code. I’ll post pics ASAP.

Originally, these were imported by the now defunct FIE Corporation, which later became part of EAA.  The Date Code should be a part of the Serial Number.

Here are more images. Sorry, I just got decent at posting the images. So what could be the explanation for no import markings? [][/img][][/img]

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2019, 01:14:41 PM »
Just for future reference, I edit out the last two digits of all my serial numbers.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2019, 02:10:18 PM »
Very very Nice!!!  8)  May you shoot it well and enjoy it!  :)

I wonder if it was purchased overseas and then shipped here by the owner.

Email Tanfoglio directly through their site with the full Serial Number and they can give you more info, such as an exact date of Manufacture and shipping details.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2019, 04:37:54 PM »
I was looking at the date code chart and didn’t see the code [AU]. I’ve seen about 3 or 4 images of Tanfoglios with this code and I’m perplexed. Has anyone else seen this code?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »
I was looking at the date code chart and didn’t see the code [AU]. I’ve seen about 3 or 4 images of Tanfoglios with this code and I’m perplexed. Has anyone else seen this code?

Yes, these were transitional models made around the middle of 1989.

Offline dbevarly

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »
I'm excited. I just picked up my TZ 75 Government (spelled correctly) today. Original box, cardboard wrap, walnut grips. Very excited. It has the AU mark (Transitional model). I read on another post the Government model was only manufactured in 1990. I haven't verified that, however. I've owned many Tanfoglios, mostly newer EAA Witness models. I have a GT 22 that is a great plinker and trainer for newbies. I had a GT 380, but did not like the heavy recoil from this smaller caliber pistol. I picked up a TZ 75 pre-series 88 model [AN] that I use for my "truck gun." And I have my CZ Compact.  All the mags are interchangeable (not sure yet about this "new" Government yet).  I think these are  fantastic pistols and an incredible value. I'll post some pics when I figure out this "Insert Image" button. Am I to insert a file or a URL?

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2020, 10:05:21 PM »
I'm excited. I just picked up my TZ 75 Government (spelled correctly) today. Original box, cardboard wrap, walnut grips. Very excited. It has the AU mark (Transitional model). I read on another post the Government model was only manufactured in 1990. I haven't verified that, however. I've owned many Tanfoglios, mostly newer EAA Witness models. I have a GT 22 that is a great plinker and trainer for newbies. I had a GT 380, but did not like the heavy recoil from this smaller caliber pistol. I picked up a TZ 75 pre-series 88 model [AN] that I use for my "truck gun." And I have my CZ Compact.  All the mags are interchangeable (not sure yet about this "new" Government yet).  I think these are  fantastic pistols and an incredible value. I'll post some pics when I figure out this "Insert Image" button. Am I to insert a file or a URL?

Nice purchase and welcome. I’m a freak for Tanfoglio, IWI/IMI, Sarsilmaz, BUL/BUL Armory.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »

Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations on your acquisition of your various Tanfoglio Pistols.  A Pic Host URL typically goes between the bracketed img html.

Offline dbevarly

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »
Thank you jwc007. I'll clean it to my liking this weekend. Cheers.

https://ibb.co/Th00yGz
https://ibb.co/x18hG3V
https://ibb.co/GV1YHzH
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:20:18 PM by dbevarly »

anything