Author Topic: 85C Triggers  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Walkure

85C Triggers
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
Something has me a little worried as of late... recently, I have seen photos posted (on other sites) of new Shadows and 85 Combats with what I would call the "new style" trigger (albeit with an overtravel screw).

By "new style", I am referring to the thinner, more curved, and somewhat rounder-faced trigger that has been increasingly showing up on new CZs in the past couple of years. I personally do not care for this trigger; I very much liked the older, thicker triggers. In fact, I was planning on ordering a 85C trigger from CZ Custom to install in my '09-production 75B to rid myself of the "new style" trigger.

And then I started seeing the aforementioned photos. I thought that the 85C was retaining its styling, and that the Shadow was using the same trigger, so this has me worried as to a possible source for my preferred trigger.

Are the more traditional 75B and 85C triggers being wholly phased out in favor of the "new style" triggers? Does CZ Custom still have the "old style" available, and will they continue to be available for at least the near future (until the end of this year)?

I am especially concerned because I was planning on ordering a Shadow Custom this summer (and potentially a 75 Compact), but I have little desire to own one with the "new style" trigger (and only marginal interest in owning a Shadow with a P-01/SP-01 "recurve" trigger).

Offline pivoproseem

• My tour of CZ factory with Martin Kamenicek
Re: 85C Triggers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:15:41 AM »
I have to agree, the curvy trigger sucks so much it's not funny. The new style trigger is not good for shooters with anything bigger average hands/fingers. Sometimes I wonder what goes through the heads of the bean counters and engineers at CZ. I will never buy a CZ with that trigger if it cannot be replaced.
CZ shooter since '93

Offline double pedro

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:43 AM »
I've also wondered about the reasoning behind the change in trigger styles.  It would be nice if you could order the trigger style of your choice on a new Shadow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:29:38 AM by double pedro »

Offline Artist

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »
I noticed that in the new Shadow photos too, the Shadow used to come with the thick silver colored 85C trigger as the "stock" Shadow trigger (just another of the reasons I bought the Shadow in the first place). I was lucky enough to purchase a Custom Shadow when the 85C trigger came on every Shadow and with the addition of the comp hammer and trigger job it is bloody amazing. I'm sure you could order a new one with the 85C trigger but hey, it was stock!!! I guess it pays to get in on the ground floor, not to mention how much more they cost now, but hey, still worth it at any price!!!
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »
Not sure whay they decided to change the trigger we had no choice in the matter one day it was changed, I emailed and asked but never got a  reply. I will be there next week with the engineers so will ask again why they changed the trigger.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline pogy

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:15:01 PM »
I really like my 75b but the new recurved trigger was very uncomfortable for me.  I opted to replace it with the cz-85c trigger ordered through the CZ Custom Shop.  It was disappointing that I had to spend an extra $100 to get it to where I wanted.  Still, I have no regrets about my purchase.

anything