Author Topic: no bang  (Read 1985 times)

Offline enigma5300

no bang
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
picked up a CZ-58 off gunbroker, D-Technic receiver imported by GIA Knox Tn
took it to the range pulled the trigger and no fire. Safety works as it should, round chambers smoothly, take out the mag and I can see the firing pin coming forward as I hear the striker hitting the pin. No strike mark on the primer. Any ideas where to start looking to solve my problem?

Offline jmp8927

Re: no bang
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
I would disassemble the bolt and see what the firing pin looks like.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »
It's one of two things firing pin doesn't come out far enough, or cartridge is too far away. Hopefully it's just a bad/broken firing pin. Did the previous owner do a Bourne and shorten the firing pin to just below usable?

Offline enigma5300

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »
answered my own question. swapped out the block that carries the firing pin with a spare that was in a friends parts kit. rifle works perfect no.  thanks for everyones help

Offline osageorange

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:14:19 PM »
Sounds like it was a bad firing pin or firing pin spring.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
You NEED a gunsmith!  If it is firing out of battery and the bolt is NOT locked.......you will blow off half your face.  Any smith should charge you an hour labor to check it out.  Purchase a "head space gauge" for the 7.62 X 39 and be a hit with all the guys at the range with that caliber AND keep some piece of mind.  If it passes a HSG then your firing pin isn't long enuf.

BE CAREFUL,

john