Author Topic: Loose Grips ???  (Read 2545 times)

Offline 588

Loose Grips ???
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
After hearing of several members complain about the loose grip problem I decided to experiment with different ideas.  Yes, there are several companies out there that sell aftermarket (usually wood) grips.  Wood is "pretty", but for the serious shooter, and under stress the wood WIIL slip!   
As an alternative suggestion "cheap", try the Pachmayr tactical grip glove. After trying several different sizes [because they don't list one for us] I'm now using the Beretta 92FS/D/G, size. Lyman part #05160.  So far I have had great sucess.  There are snug enough to stop the play in the factory grips, and they go on easily enough.  They don't move around and I guarantee you'll be impressed with the solid tight feel.
Shop around, the best price I found so far was, Cheaper Than Dirt".  If you try them give me/us some feedback. ;)
Police & civilian firearms instructor.
Distinguished Master Rating (revolver,pistol)

Offline Stringfellow

Re: Loose Grips ???
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:03 AM »
Interesting--thanks for the head's up.  Could you post a pic?
Well-armed liberal

Offline 588

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »
Sorry, I'm not that advanced on this computer stuff to handle pictures.  Not yet... give me time.
Police & civilian firearms instructor.
Distinguished Master Rating (revolver,pistol)

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »
WOW, if you're shooting a CZ 83 and can't keep a grip even on slick wet grips something is wrong. .32 or .380 is all the 83 came in. My 12 year old grandaughter (now 16 so stay off the sidewalks and away from ditches:-) could shoot my wooden gripped 83 one handed without any problems. She now shoots my wooden gripped PCR and 75B still no problem. Next year she gets a shot at the wooden griped 45 which I'm sure won't be a problem either.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Wastelander

• The One-Man Leather Apocalypse
    • Wasteland Leatherwork
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
WOW, if you're shooting a CZ 83 and can't keep a grip even on slick wet grips something is wrong. .32 or .380 is all the 83 came in. My 12 year old grandaughter (now 16 so stay off the sidewalks and away from ditches:-) could shoot my wooden gripped 83 one handed without any problems. She now shoots my wooden gripped PCR and 75B still no problem. Next year she gets a shot at the wooden griped 45 which I'm sure won't be a problem either.

Some of us have sweaty hands and weak grips, unfortunately.  I had trouble with the smooth plastic grips on my vz. 82 (granted the 9mm Makarov has a bit more punch to it than .32 or .380) and so I had mine bead-blasted.  I'll be testing that out this weekend at the range.
Author of Deadly Vanity.

Apocalyptic leatherworker.

Martial artist.

CZ owner (vz. 82).

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
HUGE difference between your

"Some of us have sweaty hands and weak grips, unfortunately."

And the OP's

"Wood is "pretty", but for the serious shooter, and under stress the wood WIIL slip!  "

Don't want to turn any noobies off to wood grips when they work fine for most.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Wastelander

• The One-Man Leather Apocalypse
    • Wasteland Leatherwork
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »
HUGE difference between your

"Some of us have sweaty hands and weak grips, unfortunately."

And the OP's

"Wood is "pretty", but for the serious shooter, and under stress the wood WIIL slip!  "

Don't want to turn any noobies off to wood grips when they work fine for most.

Yes, I suppose that's true--I have nothing against wood grips aside from just not really liking the way they look on some guns.  I thought he was just saying that you don't get as good of a grip on wood as you do on rubberized grips, which would be true, I would think  ???
Author of Deadly Vanity.

Apocalyptic leatherworker.

Martial artist.

CZ owner (vz. 82).

Offline Stringfellow

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
bleep it, I wish the folks at Hogue would take a hint.  I asked them if they had any plans for CZ82 grips in rubber, and they said no.  How could they have a line of grips for the CZ52, and not even plans for '82 grips???  Seems like there are probably more '82s floating around these days than '52s, and they would be the only source for '82 rubber grips....
Well-armed liberal