Author Topic: <---- CZ USPSA SHOOTERS who like to shoot major matches, get in here!!  (Read 9717 times)

Offline huskerlrrp

Little man was tearing it up! You've trained him well.

Offline SLee

Little man was tearing it up! You've trained him well.
Thank You!

Offline JorDanO

• My Shooting Videos
Here's some video from the High Desert Classic a few weeks ago. I had put in +10% mag springs which ended up open Pandora's box of problems on the first day. Switched back to the factory ones on Sunday and my Shadow ran like a champ.

Next up for me is Area 3. Anyone going?
USPSA A61662

My Shooting Videos
Youtube.com/Jplaysg

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
Re: <---- CZ USPSA SHOOTERS who like to shoot major matches, get in here!!
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
so what's everyone up to?

CZs recently were used in good numbers at the nationals, and went as high as 3rd overall in NC section. i also took 11th overall anyways after zeroing a stage at GA state. this summer i also got two new shooters off their other guns and into CZs. my wife dumped plastic for CZ. i also have someone looking for a CZ to shoot aside from his limcat he just bought.  O0

also getting into 3-gun. i am going to start looking into requesting [name removed ;) ] to make a 3-gun outlaw holster for an SP-01. current holsters have extra positive retention and a shield that covers the gun all the way back to the rear sight to protect the gun and rear sight from impacts and debris while prone and dealing with vehicles and obstacles.

Offline justaute

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Well, after shooting Area 4, I just made B class, which is my shooting goal for 2011.  I shot my first pistol last fall and started USPSA in January.  If I can make A class this year, that'd just be a big fat bonus.  Irrespective of my classification, I'm much more focused on my match-performance relative to the HOA winner.  Now I just need to find more time to shoot -- shooting one or two local match a month just isn't enough.

I'm starting to plan next year's schedule for major matches.  I'd like to shoot five majors next year.

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
where are you located?

Offline justaute

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 11:44:12 PM »
me?  I'm in DFW, TX.

Offline huskerlrrp

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

CZs recently were used in good numbers at the nationals, and went as high as 3rd overall in NC section. i also took 11th overall anyways after zeroing a stage at GA state. this summer i also got two new shooters off their other guns and into CZs. my wife dumped plastic for CZ. i also have someone looking for a CZ to shoot aside from his limcat he just bought.  O0

also getting into 3-gun. i am going to start looking into requesting [name removed ;) ] to make a 3-gun outlaw holster for an SP-01. current holsters have extra positive retention and a shield that covers the gun all the way back to the rear sight to protect the gun and rear sight from impacts and debris while prone and dealing with vehicles and obstacles.

Hey, were you wearing the same white shirt in your Avatar at the NC shoot? I think I ran into you during the Sat. Morning run at Akward Reloads. I ended up shooting with two other CZ guys from SC. Worst match result ever but I had fun.

Offline JorDanO

• My Shooting Videos
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 07:08:26 PM »
I still have 2 Major matches left for the year, Gator Classic and Area 2.
USPSA A61662

My Shooting Videos
Youtube.com/Jplaysg

Offline gja70

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

Hey, were you wearing the same white shirt in your Avatar at the NC shoot? I think I ran into you during the Sat. Morning run at Akward Reloads. I ended up shooting with two other CZ guys from SC. Worst match result ever but I had fun.

I'm one of those two guys from SC.  I'm the bigger and better looking "Glenn". 

It was good shooting with you.  You are the "Open" shooter right? 

I had my best major of the year at NC.  Finished 4th C Production, 33rd overall.

Offline burningsquirrels

• www.gpsl.org
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »

yep. worn the same shirt at every major since i won my first last year :) kind of a good luck thing. my wife hates it, it's so grungy. i can hear the oxy-clean and tide screaming every time it goes into the wash. :)

Offline huskerlrrp

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »

I'm one of those two guys from SC.  I'm the bigger and better looking "Glenn". 

It was good shooting with you.  You are the "Open" shooter right? 

I had my best major of the year at NC.  Finished 4th C Production, 33rd overall.

Gotcha, "Big Yankee CZ in SC" ;) It was good shooting with you too. Good job on your place.
Yes, I was the "Open"  :o CZ shooter of the squad.
Gotta buy some rubber base pads to switch those out or keep them away from matches. Pisser is I had plenty of CZ mags in the bag too. Probably doesn't matter with all my Mikes but I sure felt silly when it didn't fit. I had fun shooting and I ran into a guy from my hometown from Bragg so the match wasn't a waste (small world). It's good to see some more CZ guys. I used to be unique...just like everyone else.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:58:30 PM by huskerlrrp »

anything