Author Topic: My Witness and the .22LR Conversion Kit at the range  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Rommel4EAA

My Witness and the .22LR Conversion Kit at the range
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
I took my Witness with the .22LR Conversion Kit mounted to the ?range? today. I am really impressed by the accuracy of this kit now. I shot about 1000 +/- rounds through it (just plinking for fun before) as a break-in of sorts. On this trip, I was going to get a bit more serious. So I set-up a target stand at 25 yards and really took my time and set the sights. After about 50 rounds setting up the sights, I was shooting racket ball sized groups with another 400 rounds or so.
Looking around at the junk others had left at the ?range?, I spotted a gallon milk jug out around 50 yards. Well, I set upon ?killing? that milk jug with the remaining rounds from my Federal bulk pack. Now that part was for the fun of it. It sure was nice having my .22LR modded UpLULA to facilitate my magazine reloads too. It definitely made this trip more fun and relaxing. Thanks again to Den S for the loader mods.
So here?s to the end of another great summer,
Karl

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: My Witness and the .22LR Conversion Kit at the range
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:03:15 PM »
Karl:
Nice little range report, thank you
I'm glad to hear your UpLula-W is helping to make life (shooting) fun again for you
Yeah, I'm liking my .22lr conversion more and more too. It seems the more I shoot it, the better it runs
I do find that I have to run a "Bore Snake? through mine every 50-100 rounds to cut down on failure to chamber(s)
Thanks again
Be safe, shoot safe, Den S
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:08:46 PM by DenStinett »

Offline detroiter

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
Thanks to people like you Rommel4EAA, I want to buy a .22lr conversion kit the more I hear about them. I am very impressed to hear that it shoots the federals. I currently have a .22lr pistol that can't hardly shoot them.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »
detroiter:
I couldn?t agree more, Karl would make a good saleman

I love all of my .22lr conversion kits SOOOooo much
In-fact, I find I?m shooting my Colt, the Witness and the CZ Kadet .22lr conversion kits more than my Ruger Targets
The Kadet being so very accurate
I love to take it out and show-up those shooters with their High-end target jobs, thinkin' their just too cool
??yeah, it?s just a CZ Kadet .22lr Conversion Kit mounted on my CZ75B-SA frame?No big deal !?
"Sure, I'll shoot 'Dimes for Dollars' with you !"
And the Witness .22lr conversion isn?t too shabby when it comes to accuracy either
I feel it?s beginning to come into its own
The Colt...Well, it's a 1911, so no more need said here
PLUS, they all run great on the Federal Bulk (550 / 525) Pack stuff from Wal-e-World
BUT, they all flat HATE the Remington Bulk JUNK?Very loose crimps
I?ve actually had a couple rounds snap in two while ramping into the chamber
So, I?ll stick with the Feds
I will admit though, I do polish the feed ramps a little bit first
Shoot safe all, Den S

anything